Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-16-2013, 08:54 AM   #31
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Or just get the APK elsewhere and install it. Fire's do allow you to install from other source.

And, in fact, I've installed a couple of things from 1mobile.

My concern was that the app is not shown as being compatible with the Kindle Fire HD.

Writing to the company, as suggested, may the best advice.

Thanks, everyone.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:56 PM   #32
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
And, in fact, I've installed a couple of things from 1mobile.

My concern was that the app is not shown as being compatible with the Kindle Fire HD.

Writing to the company, as suggested, may the best advice.

Thanks, everyone.

Don
I've had another thought on this matter.. Does your fire have a standard web browser? You could always access the books that way, surely? That is, when the browser would download it, it should offer an "open in" or "open with"?
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:54 AM   #33
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Thanks! I just signed up. I just wish that Titanium Backup supported it - that's what takes up the most space for me in Dropbox. I uploaded one of my Calibre libraries and it only took about 5 minutes for 530 MB.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #34
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
I'm quite tempted to try out something like this, but how secure it is?
Can I trust it to store important documents on?
This is assuming I have a strong password and secure PC etc on my side.
I'm more concerned how secure THEIR servers are..
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:22 AM   #35
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
I'm quite tempted to try out something like this, but how secure it is?
Can I trust it to store important documents on?
This is assuming I have a strong password and secure PC etc on my side.
I'm more concerned how secure THEIR servers are..
I guess its a matter of trust. They *say* they are secure, your signin is always on a secure server, but if you have doubts, either don't do it, or else don't store anything mission critical. Currently I have my ebooks there. I'm switching iPhoto libraries and the one that goes from 2007-2012 is going to be stored there (upload in process as I type) Other documents, I still use dropbox for, especially databases which are from applications which are Dropbox aware (I have two of those, on my Mac/iphone/ipad combo).

I never view any one solution as being the *only* solution. I think there's a place for all of them. Eggs and baskets, you know...
Old 07-18-2013, 04:25 AM   #36
kyteflyer
Wizard

Also... people considering signing up? Please sign up from links in the signatures of people who have already signed up under me (there have been a lot)... I don't need any more space right now but I'm sure the others can do with a boost

Addit: When you register, you *must* respond to the verification email and you *must* install the app, either on a mobile device or your computer, in order to qualify for the additional 5GB. I have a couple of people who haven't verified their email address, and one or two who haven't yet installed. You can check on referrals and bonuses in a section inside your account. Unfortunately theres no way to send reminders from inside the app. So.. just be aware of completing the process when you sign up

Last edited by kyteflyer; 07-18-2013 at 04:28 AM. Reason: more info
Old 07-18-2013, 06:52 AM   #37
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I guess its a matter of trust. They *say* they are secure, your signin is always on a secure server, but if you have doubts, either don't do it, or else don't store anything mission critical. Currently I have my ebooks there. I'm switching iPhoto libraries and the one that goes from 2007-2012 is going to be stored there (upload in process as I type) Other documents, I still use dropbox for, especially databases which are from applications which are Dropbox aware (I have two of those, on my Mac/iphone/ipad combo).

I never view any one solution as being the *only* solution. I think there's a place for all of them. Eggs and baskets, you know...
I agree. For cloud storage I'm very careful what I store on there, and different services get different files. Mozy is backup so it gets everything; we use it at work as well.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:14 AM   #38
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Thanks for the info, I'll need to have a think about if it's really that useful for me.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:02 AM   #39
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
AT&T is offering 50GB of free cloud storage for a limited time.

Quote:
AT&T is getting into the cloud-storage game -- and giving away free upgrades to entice new customers.

Normally, signing up for an AT&T Locker account nets you 5GB of free cloud storage. However, for a limited time, you can get your account upgraded to 50GB at no charge.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #40
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
So, is there a limit to the amount someone can get in Copy? Do you get 5 gb every time someone signs up from your referral?
And, I like dropbox because I can link my and my mom's account, so I can drop things into her folder, and then she can see them on her computer. Will Copy do this?
Thanks for the info!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #41
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I have signed up for this service and am in the process of deciding how I will use it, but I couldn't risk waiting and not getting the 20 GB.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:47 AM   #42
kyteflyer
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
So, is there a limit to the amount someone can get in Copy? Do you get 5 gb every time someone signs up from your referral?
And, I like dropbox because I can link my and my mom's account, so I can drop things into her folder, and then she can see them on her computer. Will Copy do this?
Thanks for the info!
S
I think it does nearly everything Dropbox does. And so far there doesnt seem to be a limit. I saw a comment somewhere (perhaps their facebook page) that some early adopters had got terabytes...

For those thinking they might get it later... I cant see this level of generosity continuing forever - there has not been an implied limit but its all about getting Copy out there... once it is, I'd expect some changes for new people at that point... getting it doesn't mean you absolutely have to use it, you can get it, build up your referral base and then later you might find you can use it, or you really need it for something.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:48 AM   #43
kyteflyer
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
Thanks for the info, I'll need to have a think about if it's really that useful for me.
It could be time sensitive... dont miss out.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:11 AM   #44
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I think it does nearly everything Dropbox does. And so far there doesnt seem to be a limit. I saw a comment somewhere (perhaps their facebook page) that some early adopters had got terabytes...

For those thinking they might get it later... I cant see this level of generosity continuing forever - there has not been an implied limit but its all about getting Copy out there... once it is, I'd expect some changes for new people at that point... getting it doesn't mean you absolutely have to use it, you can get it, build up your referral base and then later you might find you can use it, or you really need it for something.
Thanks for answering. I clicked on your link, signed up, and installed it today. Now to go figure out how it all works!!!!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #45
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
special thanks and K to kyteflyer for pointing this out, and to anemicoak for showing how to use shortcuts for syncing!

as for the limits, kyteflyer tell us how you are going, as I guess most people, me included, used your link to sign up.

Indeed, glad if anybody feels altruistic enough to sign up using mine
https://copy.com?r=OxXe7U

On the AT&T one: note that the article specifies that it lacks folder sync a la dropbox...
paola is offline   Reply With Quote