Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-02-2008, 10:46 PM   #1
recycledelectron
Groupie
recycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-books

Device: Lifebook T5010
PRS-505's PSP charging port broken...

I broke my PRS-505 - when I plug in to charge via the PSP (yellow) power port, the red light does not come on unless I pull down on the charging cord. That means there's something loose in there.

I looked up the warranty online - 1 year parts, 90 days labor!

I'm sure I have a 1 year warranty with mine, so I'll look for the documentation.

Andy
recycledelectron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:39 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Looking into the port it looks like a shaft and then another metal piece that is bent out to touch the jack when it is plugged into it. I wonder if your little metal piece needs to be bent outwards a bit, maybe you could use a paperclip or something. Otherwise maybe the solder connection to the circuit board is bad. However if you are in warranty I wouldn't mess with it and let Sony handle it
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:36 AM   #3
recycledelectron
Groupie
recycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-books

Device: Lifebook T5010
I can solder, but my SMT skills are lacking.

Question: did an update really fix the USB charging problems? (I've never updated mine)

Andy
recycledelectron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:48 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledelectron View Post
Question: did an update really fix the USB charging problems? (I've never updated mine)
There hasn't been an update yet.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote