Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 02-11-2015, 02:40 PM   #1
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
[Check Book] suggestions

1. Possibly sort the left side text so that similar errors/warnings are grouped.

2. I had a lot of unused/unreferenced images after I consolidated and cleaned up. It would be helpful if I could just

a. right click on the left side and select delete or

b. have a right side

Delete This Unused Image

Delete All Unused Images

without rerunning [Check Book] ladybug again since that takes time on a large book

I figure that if it's unused, then just removing the image is 'good enough' and there's no need to re-run Check

Right now it seems to be cumbersome to delete unused images
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	270
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	134755  

Last edited by phossler; 02-11-2015 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Didn't like my wording
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:41 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
What are you running calibre on? This check takes under a minute on a P4 running XP (V2.0) for larger books (2M)

I will vote for a suggested fix for unreferenced images :remove this image This saves scrolling the Images section, triple checking that I have the correct image name before deleting.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2015, 04:22 PM   #3
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
What are you running calibre on? This check takes under a minute on a P4 running XP (V2.0) for larger books (2M)
If I'm waiting to delete the next unused image, even waiting 10 seconds while a unneeded [Check Book] processes can feel too long. And then go to the next one, etc.

Merely saying that if there is no need to re-run [Check Book] after deleting an image, then it is probably something that could easily be skipped

Last edited by phossler; 02-11-2015 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Second thoughts
Old 02-11-2015, 05:45 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by phossler View Post
If I'm waiting to delete the next unused image, even waiting 10 seconds while a unneeded [Check Book] processes can feel too long. And then go to the next one, etc.

Merely saying that if there is no need to re-run [Check Book] after deleting an image, then it is probably something that could easily be skipped
I use the 'Reports' in Sigil.
It lists image use counts. If I see a 0, I can right click:delete right from there
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:28 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the reports tool for this. Simply sort the list of images by number fo times used and then select all unused images, right click, and delete.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2015, 11:04 PM   #6
phossler
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Use the reports tool for this. Simply sort the list of images by number fo times used and then select all unused images, right click, and delete.
I spend so much time in [Check Book] I totally forgot about the new Reports capability and another

Still .... It would be nice to have that as a right side capability

Delete This Unused Image

since I'm already there

Thanks for the reminder
Old 02-12-2015, 03:29 AM   #7
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
A reflection (and sorry for my horrible English):

Is beginning to pass something that has already been repeated more than once.
When someone in this forum (editor Calibre), he questions about how to do something, or request an improvement, sometimes someone replies that it can be done in another editor (Sigil, Jutoh, etc.), when in fact it is that you can do in the editor Calibre.
I think before answering that way, we must be absolutely sure the editor Calibre can not do.
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote