Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 03-21-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Mundy, Talbot: Tros of Samothrace. V1. 21 Mar 2012

Talbot Mundy (born William Lancaster Gribbon) (April 23, 1879 – August 5, 1940) was an English writer. He also wrote under the pseudonym Walter Galt. Born in London, at age 16 he ran away from home and began an odyssey in India, Africa, and other parts of the Near and Far East. By age 29, he had begun using the name Talbot Mundy, and a year later arrived in the United States, starting his writing career in 1911. His first published work was the short story "Pig-Sticking in India", which describes a popular, though now outlawed, sport practiced by British forces.

"Perhaps his most lasting contribution to the genre is his series of historical fantasies about Tros of Samothrace and his exploits at the time of Caesar." - Ashley, Who's Who in Horror and Fantasy Fiction
NOTE: 91 Chapters; 100 Endnotes.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: epub Tros of Samothrace.epub (1,011.8 KB, 611 views)
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #2
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Thank you for this collection. These stories are not easy to find in any format, either print or electronic.

Reading on NST there are some minor bumps with chapter headings and endnotes, but I am NOT complaining! It's not enough to interfere with the enjoyment of a grand, lengthy adventure. Well done!
Calenorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
Genesis
Enthusiast
Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
Before i stopped creating epubs due to reasons the mods are aware of, this was one of series I was working on. Tros and Queen Cleopatra were virtually complete, but I could not find The Purple Pirate. Have you?
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
zorzal
zorzal knows what time it iszorzal knows what time it iszorzal knows what time it iszorzal knows what time it iszorzal knows what time it iszorzal knows what time it iszorzal knows what time it iszorzal knows what time it iszorzal knows what time it iszorzal knows what time it iszorzal knows what time it is

Device: Kindle2, NookColor, iTouch, BlackBerry
Hi there,
How about checking here:
http://freeread.com.au/@RGLibrary/Ta...s/@Novels.html
z
zorzal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #5
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
Thank you for this collection. These stories are not easy to find in any format, either print or electronic.

Reading on NST there are some minor bumps with chapter headings and endnotes, but I am NOT complaining! It's not enough to interfere with the enjoyment of a grand, lengthy adventure. Well done!
I just pulled the book up again and could not find any glitches. What is the NST?
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2013, 08:08 PM   #6
Genesis
Enthusiast
Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
zorzal, you are a prince, thank you.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:24 AM   #7
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
zorzal, you are a prince, thank you.
Seconded. Also, let us raise a glass to the land down under! Ozzy oy!
Old 08-30-2013, 07:40 AM   #8
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
I just pulled the book up again and could not find any glitches. What is the NST?
Hello Charlie,

NST = Nook Simple Touch. I will describe what I see on the Nook here and I will look at the file with the calibre reader on my PC this evening and post again with specifics.

On the Nook I tend to use a large font, so the indented chapter headings (from the sayings of...) tend to get pushed far to the right of the display, some even limited to two letters, like this:

Fr
om
T
he

etc.

The problem is not so pronounced when I use the publisher default font, but the quote attribution still gets squeezed to about five or six characters width.

The TOC goes from chapter LXXXIX to XCI, skipping XC, and missing chapters XCII through XCVI completely. (But I do love those Roman numerals, especially in a Roman-era story!)

The endnotes get offset by one at some point in the file. For example, the link from endnote 80 brings you back to the text at a Latin quotation, which is clearly being translated in endnote 79.

But I'm not complaining! This is a terrifically large ebook and I'm grateful to have these stories. If I can help you polish up in any way I'd be happy to do so.

P.S. Chapters and endnotes have the same issues in calibre's eBook reader. The quotes at the beginning of chapters look better (but everything looks better in caliber on a PC monitor).

Last edited by Calenorn; 08-31-2013 at 06:17 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #9
zorzal
zorzal knows what time it iszorzal knows what time it iszorzal knows what time it iszorzal knows what time it iszorzal knows what time it iszorzal knows what time it iszorzal knows what time it iszorzal knows what time it iszorzal knows what time it iszorzal knows what time it iszorzal knows what time it is

Device: Kindle2, NookColor, iTouch, BlackBerry
You are very welcome, Genesis, Calenorn. Glad I could help.
zorzal is offline   Reply With Quote