Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 02-25-2019, 09:17 AM   #1
LUEBECKER
LUEBECKER began at the beginning.

Device: IPhone7
iPad Connects - iPhone Doesn't

I recently got a new desktop, my old one crashed and I lost everything except my data since I had a backup. After reinstalling Calibre on the new computer, I tried to connect through CC on my iPhone and couldn't. Wireless Device Connection is running, Content Server is running, but no connection. Then I tried to connect with my iPad and I connected. Both mobile devices are running the same iOS and as far as I can tell have the same CC settings, all default. Any help would be appreciated.
LUEBECKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 11:23 AM   #2
chaley
CC Android & calibre dev
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
Are they both connecting to the same wireless network (SSID)? A common problem is that a WiFi network enforces "guest mode" or "wireless isolation", blocking connections. If you have a private and a guest network then make sure that both devices are using the same one.

Are they both using the same wifi band (2.4 ghz vs 5 ghz)? Some home WiFi hubs won't route between bands.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2019, 12:04 PM   #3
LUEBECKER
LUEBECKER began at the beginning.

Device: IPhone7
Yes they are, but after trying many different things including manually inserting the ip addresses and ports for both wireless connections and content server, I finally managed to connect. Thanks for your response.
LUEBECKER is offline   Reply With Quote