Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 03-12-2019, 03:03 AM   #1
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung tab s , fire HDX 8.9, fire hd 8
on the sideloads disappearing from books folder workaround

i was reading all the CC FAQ yesterday because of another issue, and saw the " don't send books to the books folder" write up there.

but i wanted an azw3 on my fire tablet yesterday, so I asked CC to fetch it, it was delivered to "books" because I never bothered to change that to "kindle". and it appeared OK in the books tab.
And the book I downloaded a couple of months back is also still ok

So the claims that Fire OS moves/deletes stuff sent to "books" does not seem to happen on my tablet. - I checked in settings and it is running fire OS 5.6.10 updated Jan 19
So is the suggested change to use "kindle" folder only relevant to devices running fire OS 6+ ?
I am mentioning it in case the FAQ entry needs tweaking or that more testing needs to be done before concluding that amazon definitely moves stuff
the 2 books I have sideloaded are large AZW3 game guides
I could fetch more/ different books as a test if that would help any
and/or: I have a 2017 fire HD 10 that I am not currently using ( which may have fire OS 6+ - I would have to check ) : I could fetch those same guides using that, to its books folder and see if they vanish or not

Last edited by stumped; 03-12-2019 at 03:06 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote