Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-19-2022, 07:48 PM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I have an over the shoulder Tablet bag I found at Amazon for my TAB A,
I only take my 'backup reader' (the Aura 2) with its case closed. I leave the TAB home and use the bag if I plan on moving about, otherwise the door pocket in my car. (My car also has dedicated charge cords for all my devices)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 08:38 PM   #17
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
No case. For travel, it's usually in the backpack I carry iPad Pro and other stuff in.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2022, 09:59 PM   #18
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
My eReaders a bare nikked! I read on my cell phone when not at home.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 10:03 PM   #19
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I use a Timbuk2 messenger bag. Besides my reader, I carry my wallet, phone, sunglasses. earbuds and sometimes a tablet.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 11:28 PM   #20
mistral
mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2, Kindle Paperwhite 5, Boox Poke 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I use a Timbuk2 messenger bag. Besides my reader, I carry my wallet, phone, sunglasses. earbuds and sometimes a tablet.
Nice, sounds like what I carry around for the most part. I have a 7" tablet I'd like to lug around with my ereader to feel complete but my purse can only hold so much.
mistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2022, 11:36 PM   #21
mistral
mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2, Kindle Paperwhite 5, Boox Poke 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
No case. For travel, it's usually in the backpack I carry iPad Pro and other stuff in.
Are you ever worried it will scratch? I'm carrying around my Kobo Aura edition 2 without a case in my purse and that thing hasn't had one microscratch. It's screen is a beast, or I'm just lucky.
mistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 03:12 AM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral View Post
Are you ever worried it will scratch? I'm carrying around my Kobo Aura edition 2 without a case in my purse and that thing hasn't had one microscratch. It's screen is a beast, or I'm just lucky.
You really should have a case. The screen can get scratched, You've just been lucky.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 05:34 AM   #23
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Traveling for work, I usually toss it in my work backpack. Traveling just around town if I find I'm reading while waiting at the doc/dentist office I'll just use the kindle app on my phone. With the 13 pro max screen, it's pretty easy to read on that for short durations. Traveling for pleasure travel like vacations, I carry my work backpack (sans laptop) and carry my iPad pro, and kindle (plus wife's too) in the laptop compartment of the backpack. I get the job of getting all our 'devices' and charger cords together for pleasure trips.
drofgnal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 05:44 AM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This is the bag I use.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bag.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	195163  
Old 07-20-2022, 08:37 AM   #25
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I curate libraries for out-and-about and poolside/beachside. I put lighter, shorter stuff on smaller readers which are more portable and keep them in my to-go bags. In the end, I don’t care what I’m reading, so long as I have something to read. It’s the digital version of the back of the cereal box.
I remember reading anything with print if I was somewhere without a book i.e., the bathroom. Spray cans shampoo bottles or anything else that was available. An aunt used to keep a basket with books and magazines in her bathroom. Now with cell phones I do not have to resort to reading products.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 10:25 AM   #26
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Both of my everyday carry bags are Timbuk2. I have a briefcase style one for court and a small backpack for all non-court days. My e-reader lives in a custom case I ordered from Etsy. I have three different cases from this vendor, they all look the same, but are all custom sized to the readers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reader 1.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	195167  
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 10:26 AM   #27
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I remember reading anything with print if I was somewhere without a book i.e., the bathroom. Spray cans shampoo bottles or anything else that was available. An aunt used to keep a basket with books and magazines in her bathroom. Now with cell phones I do not have to resort to reading products.
Apache
I had a professor in law school that said this is one thing that set attorneys apart - we would read literally anything, including the seat back card in an airplane.
Old 07-20-2022, 10:42 AM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I had a professor in law school that said this is one thing that set attorneys apart - we would read literally anything, including the seat back card in an airplane.
When I was younger, I used to sit at the table eating cereal for breakfast and reading the cereal box. I would read it even though I already read it.
Old 07-20-2022, 10:51 AM   #29
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I could have been clearer about curating for out-and-about readers. My point was that I with rare exceptions, I don’t want to read the same books on the hoof or out-of-doors as I’m currently reading at home. I want something easier to read or shorter pieces or both; works that can be digested in short chunks without suffering and that can hold my attention in situations with distractions. So traveling readers tend to have mysteries, short stories and essays, while stay-at-home readers tend more toward serious fiction and non-fiction. For me, it’s not the bag so much as it’s having dedicated readers. Not only do I prefer larger screens for at home and smaller ones for out, I find it much easier to be able to grab and go without packing a reader. It’s just there. This is facilitated by tech that both hasn’t advanced too terribly much in nearly ten years and is pretty hardy. Even my batteries are still doing quite well.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 10:56 AM   #30
astrangerhere
Professor of Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I could have been clearer about curating for out-and-about readers. My point was that I with rare exceptions, I don’t want to read the same books on the hoof or out-of-doors as I’m currently reading at home. I want something easier to read or shorter pieces or both; works that can be digested in short chunks without suffering and that can hold my attention in situations with distractions. So traveling readers tend to have mysteries, short stories and essays, while stay-at-home readers tend more toward serious fiction and non-fiction. For me, it’s not the bag so much as it’s having dedicated readers. Not only do I prefer larger screens for at home and smaller ones for out, I find it much easier to be able to grab and go without packing a reader. It’s just there. This is facilitated by tech that both hasn’t advanced too terribly much in nearly ten years and is pretty hardy. Even my batteries are still doing quite well.
SAME. My Kobo Mini houses all of my short story collections and is always with me for just that reason.