Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-01-2014, 01:07 PM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If the Mobi was split at the chapter sections, then it would be a lot easier to fix the mess that left (because it's Mobi, there will be a mess).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 01:24 PM   #32
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Not going to happen. Why do you think Sigil has a splitting feature built in to it?

KF8 are usually (but not always) split into individual "flows" as part of its structure. Some times they will come out of Kindle(Import|Unpack) as one big file too. Mobis are always one big flow. And I'm just not interested in parsing an ncx--if one is present--to find "chapter" breakpoints (or heuristically guess where they should be if there IS no ncx). Especially when Sigil already provides an easy way to do so.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-01-2014 at 03:23 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2014, 04:21 PM   #33
varlog
actually it is /var/log
varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
@varlog
I'm not convinced that something might not break with the filename experimentation I've done (it's actually incomplete on the KF8 side of things in this beta), but let me know what you think.
Well, ok, it is second choice.
It works in my environment, for my samples. Still, my prefered solution would be BookName. Don't feel pressed if you don't want to be . It is just that I know it is possible because of my cascading script I've done for DGSM. I guess AA is to blame...
The linking issue "name" versus "id" is still there... Some input on it?
varlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:40 PM   #34
varlog
actually it is /var/log
varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
That is correct. You should have been clearer about the reason for the patch. The patch itself would still have been rejected. You shouldn't check for special dir names in the path. The proper solution is to expose a clear_save_name function from MainWindow and have plugin runner call this after loading the book.
It was one of my first ideas but I thought it would be too much interference in MainWindow code (new public function!). Don't bother to answer. I'll propose something new and then, if appropriate, again . Will take some time because I'm on the road again.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:50 PM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Not going to happen. Why do you think Sigil has a splitting feature built in to it?

KF8 are usually (but not always) split into individual "flows" as part of its structure. Some times they will come out of Kindle(Import|Unpack) as one big file too. Mobis are always one big flow. And I'm just not interested in parsing an ncx--if one is present--to find "chapter" breakpoints (or heuristically guess where they should be if there IS no ncx). Especially when Sigil already provides an easy way to do so.
How about just replacing the Mobi pagebreak with the Sigil split mark then we can do with it as we want. I think that would work rather well. Then you don't have to do any extra parsing/building except for this one search/replace.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2014, 04:52 PM   #36
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How about just replacing the Mobi pagebreak with the Sigil split mark then we can do with it as we want. I think that would work rather well. Then you don't have to do any extra parsing/building except for this one search/replace.
In short: no.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:15 PM   #37
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by varlog View Post
Well, ok, it is second choice.
It works in my environment, for my samples. Still, my prefered solution would be BookName. Don't feel pressed if you don't want to be . It is just that I know it is possible because of my cascading script I've done for DGSM. I guess AA is to blame...
I think it's all kind of moot now anyway. There's currently a bug where clicking "Save" immediately after the import plugin finishes causes a Sigil error. The fix for the bug is going to wiping any existing filename before the final handoff to Sigil. It will truly be out of the plugin developer's hands at that point out "untitled.epub" is what it's going to be. Sorry.

Quote:
The linking issue "name" versus "id" is still there... Some input on it?
I'm not parsing KF8 books in any further way. What comes out of KindleUnpack is what gets handed to Sigil. And that particular Kindlebook's markup just happpened to use "name" instead of "id". Doing a quick replace of all instances of <a name= with <a id= in a Sigil S&R made all the links work again your test case.

Again... nine times out of ten, people ARE going to have work to do after this input plugin finishes. I never intended it to be a new two-step Import--and then Save As--Kindlebook to epub converter.

Maybe some new Sigil Edit plugins could be written to take up the cause of automating some of these fixes you guys are looking for.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:35 PM   #38
varlog
actually it is /var/log

Quote:
I think it's all kind of moot now anyway. There's currently a bug where clicking "Save" immediately after the import plugin finishes causes a Sigil error. The fix for the bug is going to wiping any existing filename before the final handoff to Sigil. It will truly be out of the plugin developer's hands at that point out "untitled.epub" is what it's going to be. Sorry.
I know at least one way to avoid it. Will try my best.

Quote:
I'm not parsing KF8 books in any further way. What comes out of KindleUnpack is what gets handed to Sigil. And that particular Kindlebook's markup just happpened to use "name" instead of "id". Doing a quick replace of all instances of <a name= with <a id= in a Sigil S&R made all the links work again your test case.

Again... nine times out of ten, people ARE going to have work to do after this input plugin finishes. I never intended it to be a new two-step Import--and then Save As--Kindlebook to epub converter.

Maybe some new Sigil Edit plugins could be written to take up the cause of automating some of these fixes you guys are looking for.
thanks... is it really not apparent in markup that the guys meant "id", not "name"?.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:52 PM   #39
varlog
actually it is /var/log

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
As I understand it Mobi pagebreak is not really what we would like to have as file breake . Imagine book with thousand pages . We would like Chapter brake. Is there something like Chapter break in Mobi?
Just inserting Sigil split mark should not make it necessary to parse all links again?

Last edited by varlog; 10-01-2014 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:04 PM   #40
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

No. There is no specific "this is where a chapter break occurs" markup in a traditional mobi.

Quote:
thanks... is it really not apparent in markup that the guys meant "id", not "name"?.
Sorry, I sometimes forget that these things aren't common knowledge.

"name" was deprecated a while back and is succeeded by "id". But it often still "works" in many environments even though it's not supposed to be used any more. Apparently, Qt5's Webkit is not one of those environments.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-01-2014 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:09 PM   #41
varlog
actually it is /var/log

Quote:
No. There is no specific "this is where a chapter break occurs" markup in a traditional mobi.
@JSWolf
there you are .
Old 10-01-2014, 06:12 PM   #42
varlog
actually it is /var/log

Quote:
Sorry, I sometimes forget that these things aren't common knowledge.
"name" was deprecated a while back and is succeeded by "id".
why KindleUnpack stays obsolete than?

Last edited by varlog; 10-01-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:21 PM   #43
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
why KindleUnpack stay obsolete than?
Because KindleUnpack is striving to preserve the original markup as much as possible. It's a "revealer," not a "fixer." The ebook creator used "name" so KindleUnpack revealed "name."

And the mobi page-break could be the closest thing to a chapter break. It would probably come close to working if split (or marked) at those tags. I'm just not interested in doing so.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:28 PM   #44
varlog
actually it is /var/log

Quote:
Because KindleUnpack is striving to preserve the original markup as much as possible. It's a "revealer," not a "fixer." The ebook creator used "name" so KindleUnpack revealed "name."

And the mobi page-break could be the closest thing to a chapter break. It would probably come close to working if split (or marked) at those tags. I'm just not interested in doing so.
That is perfectly reasonable and understandable explanation.
I'm have my future teller hat on me now:
This topic will come again .
Old 10-04-2014, 08:39 PM   #45
blackest
Connoisseur
blackest began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 2
Good work with kindle import

I had to apt-get install python-tk but the plugin told me that so not an issue

spliting at chapters is pretty easy really

find

<blockquote>
<span class="rule_9"

replace

<hr class="sigil_split_marker" />
<blockquote>
<span class="rule_9"

replace all , job done. your book may vary.
but you just need to find what the start of a chapter looks like.
blackest is offline   Reply With Quote