Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-14-2022, 08:47 PM   #35596
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Your handle says it all, really. You cat is simply being a cat, and it's your job and responsibility to move your leg out of her tail's way. Duh.
Too right!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 07:14 PM   #35597
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I accidentally knocked the catnip bag out of the hiding place in the cupboard and onto the kitchen floor. The cats found it before I did.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2022, 07:15 PM   #35598
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I accidentally knocked the catnip bag out of the cupboard and onto the kitchen floor. The cats found it before I did.
1. How much of the kitchen is left standing?
2. How large are their pupils?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 07:25 PM   #35599
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
1. How much of the kitchen is left standing?
2. How large are their pupils?
1. Surprisingly, most of it. They seem too stoned out of their kitty minds to actually wreak destruction.

2. Very.
Old 11-17-2022, 07:28 PM   #35600
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
1. Surprisingly, most of it. They seem too stoned out of their kitty minds to actually wreak destruction.

2. Very.
I had a cat that was VERY addicted to catnip - she would rip open catnip toys, eat the catnip, and then stare for hours at her reflection in the oven door.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2022, 10:16 AM   #35601
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Back when I was an innocent teen, I made the mistake of planting catnip in the middle of the family garden. It's truly amazing how much damage one ill-coordinated cat can make to a garden.
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 02:17 AM   #35602
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Last year I was constantly overheating due to illness. My body has slowly been going back to normal when it comes to how I feel/experience temperatures. After a warm fall winter starts a lot colder than normal (just above freezing during the day) with a very cold wind.

I haven't been this cold in years (another sign I was ill for a lot longer than I thought) and it isn't even that cold (just for the time of year).

Tomorrow I'll be online shopping for some thermal clothing.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 10:01 AM   #35603
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I really wish the dumb-butts who keep stealing copper wire from the substations and knocking out the power would stop.
Old 12-06-2022, 02:35 AM   #35604
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just realized that I won't be having extra days off during the holidays this year. Since Christmas in on Sunday and Monday and New Year's Day on Sunday. The store's closed on Sunday and Monday anyway.

Normally we close an hour early on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve, but since those are on a Saturday and we already close at 5pm instead of 6pm I'm not sure my father will agree on closing on 4pm. Though if it was up to me we'd close on the 31st all day, since that is always a very quiet day anyway.
Old 12-06-2022, 08:47 AM   #35605
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I just realized that I won't be having extra days off during the holidays this year. Since Christmas in on Sunday and Monday and New Year's Day on Sunday. The store's closed on Sunday and Monday anyway.

Normally we close an hour early on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve, but since those are on a Saturday and we already close at 5pm instead of 6pm I'm not sure my father will agree on closing on 4pm. Though if it was up to me we'd close on the 31st all day, since that is always a very quiet day anyway.
Well, crap, Rumple! I can honestly say that I didn't realize that. Dang. Now I have to go figure out the away days for my guys. RATS.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 10:22 AM   #35606
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I was expecting a package to be delivered. I saw the courier truck pull up in front of the building, stop there for a bit, and then drive off. Then I got a "delivery attempted, go to this building on the other end of town for pickup" email.
Old 12-07-2022, 10:41 AM   #35607
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
I was expecting a package to be delivered. I saw the courier truck pull up in front of the building, stop there for a bit, and then drive off. Then I got a "delivery attempted, go to this building on the other end of town for pickup" email.

Arrg! Definitely find who to complain to and get some sort of compensation. Or at least an apology.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 09:21 PM   #35608
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Do heads get physically bigger as you age?

All three of my wide brimmed summer hats seem tighter this year.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 02:39 AM   #35609
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

And it has started. My annual annoyance at the garden centers.

When they send customers, who bought Christmas products in past years (or even this year) and now need a replacement bulb. But they don't stock the replacement bulbs. And then they send the customers to us, because we would supposedly stock those bulbs.

We often don't, they tend to have the most unusual specs. E.g. E11 socket, 5.3 volt, 2.3 watt. We have some common ones that my supplier can get, but the other ones I can't get.

So then you end up with the discussion "but at the garden center/diy store they said you would certainly have it".

It's a daily discussion at the moment.
Old 12-22-2022, 06:44 PM   #35610
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I think they just want the problem to be someone somewhere else's problem...
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness