Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-02-2022, 07:58 AM   #1
Capricorn
Connoisseur
Capricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD
Troubleshooting AutomateList Problem

Hi,

I am running windows 10 with the latest updates (build: 19045.2195), and Sigil v1.9.20

Having looked at this post , I wanted to add to my automateList02:

RunSavedSearchReplaceAll Basics Stylesheet

"Basics Stylesheet" is a saved search group, that I have been using for something like two years. Apart from those pesky, giving-me-headaches, and crashing-my-brain regexes in the saved search group, this has worked fine.

However, when I tried to run the automateList02, I got this message:
RunSavedSearchReplaceAll Basics Stylesheet running
Missing or unknown Saved Search name: RunSavedSearchReplaceAll Basicsstylesheet
RunSavedSearchReplaceAll Basics Stylesheet failed
Automation List Failed

I then changed the name of the saved search group to "BasicsStylesheet" and ran the automateList02 again. I got the same message: missing or unknown saved search name.

Years ago, I once had a pesky problem with capital letters in the middle of the name that the program at the time did not like. So, I changed the name of the saved search group to "Basicsstylesheet".
Again, I got the same message: missing or unknown saved search name.

I then looked at the settings in c:\users\myaccountname\appdata\local\sigil-ebook:
the file automatelist02.txt is present, and has the correct command in it.
the file sigil_searches_v2.ini is present, has the saved search group in it, and works well, when I run any saved searches.

I searched in the forum for any automatelist problems but did not find anything apart from the post I mentioned above. The same goes for the tool RunSavedSearchReplaceAll.

I am not sure now, how to proceed.

So, the question I have, is: how to further troubleshoot this? Any tips would be appreciated.

Capricorn
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 10:16 AM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
That error message means that the *exact* saved search name (case matters) from your automate list does not exist in your SavedSearches. First check the exact spelling for that particular saved search. Please note this requires the Full search name to match. Check that the search name in Saved Searches does NOT have any leading or trailing white space nor unseen control characters attached to it. Also check that the Automate list value is not pointing to a SavedSearch group that is empty (ie has no saved searches in the search group).

If you still can't see what is causing the name mismatch, please attach both your latest saved search ini file, and latest automate list txt file to a zip and post it here or pm me with a link if you require privacy.

Note the exact error message from automate you provided:

Missing or unknown Saved Search name: RunSavedSearchReplaceAll Basicsstylesheet

and note Basicsstylesheet does not match BasicsStylesheet nor BasicStyleSheet
nor Basics stylesheet

The saved search full name must be: Basicsstylesheet to match the automate list based on your error message from the log.

Hope something here helps.

Last edited by KevinH; 11-02-2022 at 10:47 AM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 01:11 PM   #3
Capricorn
Connoisseur
Capricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enough

Thank you very much for your answer.

I had another look at those files and the name of my saved search group but did not see any blanks or special characters.

I have attached the automatelist02 file and saved_searches_v2 file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip automatelistfiles.zip (5.1 KB, 57 views)
Old 11-02-2022, 01:34 PM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You are using a Qt5 version of Sigil. For Qt6 versions of sigil the saved searches ini file has a different version than v2.
Old 11-02-2022, 01:50 PM   #5
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Ah! Saved Search Group names must end with the "/" as the damn SavedSearches dialog allow you to name both the group and a member of the group by the same name. The only way to distinguish a group from a member is for group names to end with a /

I had forgotten that. I will try to document that better.

So by changing your automate02.txt to be:

Code:
RunSavedSearchReplaceAll Basicsstylesheet/
Save
It worked.
Old 11-02-2022, 01:54 PM   #6
KevinH
Sigil Developer

I see that info is already in the latest Sigil User guide in the Automate chapter in a highlight box:

Quote:
To run a Saved Search with Replace All, you must input the name of the Saved Search in the Parameter column. You can also run a Saved Search Group, by inputting the name of the group followed by a “/”. For example, let’s say you have a search group called “Automate Test” with two searches in the group named test1 and test2. If you input “Automate Test/”, all searches in the group will run in sequence. If you input “Automate Test/test2”, only test2 will run.
Old 11-02-2022, 03:23 PM   #7
Capricorn
Connoisseur

Whoa.....cool. That does work now. Many thanks.

I did not see it in the user guide. I assume I did not read far enough in the user guide. Too impatient I suppose to test it out.

I am not sure why it is on Qt5 and not Qt6. Is there some sort of specific upgrade path I need to follow?

Capricorn
Old 11-02-2022, 04:14 PM   #8
KevinH
Sigil Developer

We use Qt5 in our current release, but if you build your own Sigil, and use Arch Linux or macOS you can opt to use the newer Qt6. We have not officially moved to Qt6 for Sigil releases but it is coming at some point.