Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-26-2020, 02:49 PM   #1
roh
roh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPod Touch
mobi not updating from edited epub

I'm an indie author and build my own ebooks. I encountered a strange problem in converting an epub to mobi.

After conversion, I realized a couple html links were incorrect. I edited the epub w/ editor and put in the correct links, saved the changes in editor, and then converted it to mobi.

When I preview the files, the epub shows the updated links, but the mobi still shows the old links.

I've gone into the calibre library and removed the earlier mobi version, and done the epub -> mobi conversion again. And the 'new' mobi still shows the old links, even though the epub has the correct ones.

I'm pretty much banging my head against the wall trying to figure this out.

In addition, my files are all showing up now in the wrong folder (an earlier version of the book) even though the two versions have slightly different filenames.

Could use some help with this. Thanks!
roh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 02:57 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A

IIRC Convert uses Original_Epub (if it exists). You probably have the option still set that archives the original.
Make sure the SOURCE in the Convert Dialog is set to EPUB
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 05:04 PM   #3
roh
roh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

IIRC Convert uses Original_Epub (if it exists). You probably have the option still set that archives the original.
Make sure the SOURCE in the Convert Dialog is set to EPUB
Where do I set the option to archive the original?

As for the Source, yes, I'm double-checking that the input is epub and the output is mobi.

I'm thinking this might be a library issue since this book is a copy of an earlier one. Even though I gave the copy a different name, for whatever reason it appears calibre is referencing the original folder, not the folder with the new name (they both exist). Not sure how to eliminate this cross-talk without eliminating the original folder.
roh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, epub-to-mobi, mobi not updating