Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 06-20-2009, 11:46 PM   #16
ayman07
Ayman
ayman07 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
very big clue! ill get on that and update. thanks for all ur help!
ayman07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:53 AM   #17
ayman07
Ayman

ive been tinkering around with two files that are supposedly .html files that I created. one of the files, labels test copy.html has chapters that are detected by calibre while the other file labeled test.html doesnt have any chapters detected. can someone tell me what the difference between these two files are. i have attached them here. they arnt virus or anything people, im just trying to get to the bottom of this. im so close! the test.html is the file i WANT to use in calibre because the formating is great and the formatting in test copy.html is all screwed up, too many spaces between paragraphs (no the remove spacing between paragraph option in calibre doesnt do it) but it is the file that detects a chapter. please, if someone can just review them and tell me the difference, i would greatly appreciate it. thanks!

please remove the .txt and leave it as .html. that was the only way i could upload them. thanks!!

ps-i had to shorten text copy.html.tx (rename to .html only) because it exceeded the 1MB limit so that is another difference between the two.
Attached Files
File Type: txt test.html.txt (695.0 KB, 1054 views)
File Type: txt test copy.html.txt (863.1 KB, 1511 views)
Advert
Old 06-21-2009, 03:28 AM   #18
ayman07
Ayman

I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT!! So the big hint was that the TOC wasnt even rendering correctly. Using the HTML example at:

http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/user_manual/xpath.html

I was able to fix my mistakes in setting up the chapters. It was tedious but well worth the effort. Calibre had no problem finding the chapters after setting the code the correct way. Karma for everyone who remotely attempted to help! thank you so very very much for all your help folks!! READ ON!