Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 04-07-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
paulckennedy
Addict
paulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-books

Device: Apple iPad
FYI, I am selling my Edge.

I have posted my Edge for sale in the Forum area in case anyone wants to make an offer.

Entourage Edge (Midnight Blue)
paulckennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:36 PM   #2
mgm1979
Zealot
mgm1979 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage eDGe
say it ain't so!
mgm1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2010, 01:45 PM   #3
paulckennedy
Addict
paulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-books

Yes. It is sad to say but as nice as it is and it is a nice device, I simply haven't fallen in love with it. It is too nice a device to simply age from disuse so I am letting it go free. Maybe I can help out one of our OverSeas friends with it. I thought I would put it up for offer here before I trigger an EBay sale for it.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:26 PM   #4
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulckennedy View Post
Yes. It is sad to say but as nice as it is and it is a nice device, I simply haven't fallen in love with it. It is too nice a device to simply age from disuse so I am letting it go free. Maybe I can help out one of our OverSeas friends with it. I thought I would put it up for offer here before I trigger an EBay sale for it.
Hi Paul,

We traded some anticipatory messages before the first shipment. Just curious - was there something in particular that you were expecting that didn't pan out, or did it just not trip your trigger in reality as it did in concept? Thanks.
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #5
paulckennedy
Addict

Well, it is hard to say. I guess my sights were way too high when I was given exactly the capabilities of the device. The annotation, beautiful pdf capabilities, 2 screen displays, and excellent library design are better than I expected but it is still too unpolished for my daily use. The power consumption is on par with what was advertised, I just didn't really take into mind how USED to the ALWAYS on of the DX I was. If the SDK was available then developing for it would be real tempting. For me, the whole thing is just not clicking with me and I don't want it to just sit around and not be used.

I really can't put my finger on the one reason why but I know that now is when I need to change. I stand behind every observation I have made about the device. Unfortunately, the eDGe and I just don't fit like I hoped we would.
Advert
Old 04-07-2010, 07:26 PM   #6
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
Sounds like my experience with the netbook I bought a year and a half ago. Initially it was very gee-wiz given its small size yet reasonable capabilities. But I soon realized that given my desktop and powerful full size laptop, the netbook really wasn't doing anything useful for me.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:27 PM   #7
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Well, it is hard to say. I guess my sights were way too high when I was given exactly the capabilities of the device. The annotation, beautiful pdf capabilities, 2 screen displays, and excellent library design are better than I expected but it is still too unpolished for my daily use. The power consumption is on par with what was advertised, I just didn't really take into mind how USED to the ALWAYS on of the DX I was. If the SDK was available then developing for it would be real tempting. For me, the whole thing is just not clicking with me and I don't want it to just sit around and not be used.

I really can't put my finger on the one reason why but I know that now is when I need to change. I stand behind every observation I have made about the device. Unfortunately, the eDGe and I just don't fit like I hoped we would.
Makes sense to me; as an often wishy-washy person I admire your decisiveness . Take care.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:29 PM   #8
paulckennedy
Addict

I still want a dedicated reader and I will divert the funds from the eDGe to one of the other new readers on the market. I am DEFINATELY not turning away from eBooks.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:03 PM   #9
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious

Question

Quote:
I still want a dedicated reader and I will divert the funds from the eDGe to one of the other new readers on the market. I am DEFINATELY not turning away from eBooks.

Hey Paul,

I just noticed your "Device" listing is changed to iPad; how are you liking it so far?
Old 04-11-2010, 01:00 PM   #10
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Sorry you and the eDGe didn't work out, Paul. I remember you were one of the ones waiting for your pre-order at the same time I was. I guess it's good for me that I had never been spoiled by an earlier device to which the eDGe just wouldn't live up.

I'm also curious to know how you like the iPad, and how you see yourself using it.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:11 PM   #11
paulckennedy
Addict

I am surprisingly delighted with the iPad so far.

My wife and kids as well as alot of my friends were of the mind that I was being Bi-Polar. In a way, I guess I was but for a Bi-Polar moment I won't regret the decision.

The responsiveness of the iPad is amazing. Reading in iBooks is great. I am also glad to have my Kindle books back. I downloaded GoodRead and I still have to figure out how to get PDFs onto it.

I really had high hopes for the eDGe. I am certain that it will be a great device for those who purchased it. I thought I could be able to handle the bleeding eDGe ( joke ) but again I was just spoiled by the features of the Kindle DX.

The power on the iPad goes all day. I know it is not weeks like the DX but it is long enough that it fully charges at night while I am sleeping.

I have already had to use my Monthly Service token because I entered the FAP policy with HughesNet. I am going to have to watch that in the future. hehe.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:39 PM   #12
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
So, you're using it as a reader, then? I just know if I had one, all I'd ever do is play games on it!
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:21 PM   #13
paulckennedy
Addict

Yeah, it's a reader. Hehe. Biggest problem I got right now is trying to getting it away from my family. The just want to keep playing "Tap Tap Radiation". Hehe. 500 dollars for a big photo frame/ guitar hero wanna-be.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:13 PM   #14
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
I am surprisingly delighted with the iPad so far.

My wife and kids as well as alot of my friends were of the mind that I was being Bi-Polar. In a way, I guess I was but for a Bi-Polar moment I won't regret the decision.

The responsiveness of the iPad is amazing. Reading in iBooks is great. I am also glad to have my Kindle books back. I downloaded GoodRead and I still have to figure out how to get PDFs onto it.

I really had high hopes for the eDGe. I am certain that it will be a great device for those who purchased it. I thought I could be able to handle the bleeding eDGe ( joke ) but again I was just spoiled by the features of the Kindle DX.

The power on the iPad goes all day. I know it is not weeks like the DX but it is long enough that it fully charges at night while I am sleeping.

I have already had to use my Monthly Service token because I entered the FAP policy with HughesNet. I am going to have to watch that in the future. hehe.
So the iPAD has full screen support for your Kindle books?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:52 PM   #15
paulckennedy
Addict

Yes, it does. It doesn't have anything special as far as page turns and it doesn't have 2 page view but it isn't a bad app. The question I have is whether I will be able to get magazines from Amazon.