Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-31-2009, 01:43 PM   #16
kleykenb
Groupie
kleykenb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1kS/Cy3
iRex let me know this is not under warranty and it would cost 300Euro to repair.
I'm not going to argue with them , they clearly feel different about what an eBook reader should be and how one should be able to use it and the design choices they've made clearly will never satisfy my needs. So repair is out of the question. Like I've said : the moment I find some time I'm ripping the device apart , make some pictures and post them here.
Thanks for the moral support btw, Thibaulthalpern, but since saturday I'm really through with the device and stopped caring. Luckyly I did not buy it personaly : my company owns the poor eReader-that-couldnt and I hope it will be happy in eInk heaven.
kleykenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:44 PM   #17
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleykenb View Post
"them" ?! I don't recall suggesting anything of the sort !
I hope you weren't offended. I was speaking sarcastically.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2009, 04:48 PM   #18
myprecious
Zealot
myprecious began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Quote:
I hope you weren't offended. I was speaking sarcastically.
And I thought you were one of 'us'
myprecious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:54 PM   #19
kleykenb
Groupie
kleykenb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1kS/Cy3
no no, not offended at all. I was gonna say something about "Them", or "The Others" or "The hostiles" but I realised not everybody is a Lost fan ;-)
kleykenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:34 PM   #20
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Just wanted to make sure, sometimes it's hard to tell on a forum.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2009, 06:30 PM   #21
amgoforth
Groupie
amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 Kindles, 2 Nooks, 2 Kobos, Ipad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
andiskater - a question for you. How much time have you spent using the DR1000?
Harry you did not ask me, but I use mine allot. Several hours a day when I have the time. The battery time is not a problem to me, because I can charge it anytime. I am using it less now that I have been able to get the Illiad to read scanned PDFs, because the Illiad is smaller. I can also read them on the Cybook Gen 3, but only in landscape mode. If you have more questions I will be happy to answer them. By the way how is the Gen 1 at reading PDFs? I only use mine for mobis.
amgoforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:10 PM   #22
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by thibaulthalpern View Post
I mean, once your reading device is gone, so is your ability to read the files.

Moments like this it makes me wonder how people can seriously imagine that paper will soon be going away. Not soon. Not soon.
Well, you can still read them on your computer. But I see what you mean, and it is irritating.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:08 AM   #23
Jill75
Zealot
Jill75 doesn't litterJill75 doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by myprecious View Post
Don't be ridiculous By all means express your opinion about the device -just don't expect everyone to agree with you
I agree. You cant get both sides' opinion and see which is better unless you have heard from both sides. Be open minded enough that not all experience the same thing.
Jill75 is offline   Reply With Quote