Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-29-2018, 07:57 AM   #1
DamienFR
DamienFR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Calibre does not see a Kindle in Freetime mode

Dear all,

Being unsuccessful in finding any solution in and out of the Web I'm posting here ;-)

If the Kindle is set up on freetime mode Calibre does not see it.

If the Kindle is in regular mode (i.e freetime is desactivated) I'm able to use Calibre to transfert a pdf file (notice for a camera) on the Kindle Paperwhite and to read it on the device.

But when I set up again the freetime mode I do not see my PDF anymore.

Any suggestion?
Thanks!
DamienFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:00 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm somewhat confused, isn't freetime a kindle Fire thing? But youa re talking about a kindle paperwhite? In any case, if your devie is not being detected, post the detection debug log, as described here: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...ted-by-calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2018, 08:16 AM   #3
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Personal documents can't be added to a Free Time Profile. From Amazon's relevant Help page:

Note: The following can't be added to a Kindle FreeTime profile:

Public library books
Personal documents
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:37 AM   #4
DamienFR
DamienFR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Personal documents can't be added to a Free Time Profile. From Amazon's relevant Help page:

Note: The following can't be added to a Kindle FreeTime profile:

Public library books
Personal documents
Thanks! OK, too bad, free time is useful for children ;-(
DamienFR is offline   Reply With Quote