Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-06-2011, 10:55 PM   #1
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
iBooks v1.5 released - features nighttime theme, full screen mode and more

I thought I'd let everyone know that Apple just released a major update to their iBooks app. Here is the complete list of new features:

Quote:
- Nighttime reading theme makes reading books in the dark easier on the eyes.
- Full-screen layout lets you focus on the words without distraction.
- iBooks now features an improved selection of fonts, including Athelas, Charter, Iowan, and Seravek.
- Beautiful new classic covers for public domain books.
- Support for pop-up footnotes, included in select iBookstore titles.
- A redesigned annotation palette makes it easier to choose a color for your highlighted text.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
If they'd only let me group books by author or category...
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2011, 10:35 PM   #3
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by apastuszak View Post
If they'd only let me group books by author or category...
Was that sarcasm? You can and have been able to for some time.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:03 PM   #4
andrea345
andrea345 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
apastuszak -
I just learned how to do this recently. You make a "collection" based on your author's name or whatever. Then you move the title to that collection. The collections can be ordered in the edit mode by moving them amongst each other.

Hope this helps.
andrea345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:41 PM   #5
leola
leola began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-650, iPad 2
Is there a way to edit the title or author's name in iBooks? I haven't found an app that lets me categorize and edit. I hope I'm just missing it because I'm new to the iPad.
leola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert