Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-19-2021, 11:23 AM   #166
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur
Carmelocotonto began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Clara HD, Onyxboox C67
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
Hi all, I've released a beta version of v0.5.3. Releasing as beta due to limited testing. If no issues are uncovered, I will convert to a full release.

This release is primarily aimed at reducing memory usage, which hopefully allows for larger libraries to be used. YMMV on the library size howerver.

Note, books will now appear to take longer to send to the Kobo, as I've changed how the thumbnail images are created.

This release also fixes a bug that didn't disable thumbnail generation when asked.

As usual, this release can be found at releases page of the GitHub repository.
I have tried it and all is ok. Same before, with version 0.5.2. My library has about 800 books.
thanks.
Only one question: when I connect with calibre, kobo-UNCaGED scans my device, and when I upload a book to device, kobo-UNCaGED scans again all books in device, and so on. Each book that I upload causes a new scan of the device. Is it a normal thing?.

EDIT: No, now is very very slow. It is reading metadata several minutes before conectting. I go back to version 0.5.2

Last edited by Carmelocotonto; 02-20-2021 at 07:10 PM.
Carmelocotonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 08:20 AM   #167
richstant
richstant began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi, I've recently switched to Kobo Uncaged because my laptop has limited ports. One thing I miss compared to the kobotouchextended driver is collections - I have quite a big library, and replicating my calibre grouping into collections on the kobo is helpful. Is there any way to replicate this functionality in kobo uncaged already?
richstant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 07:30 AM   #168
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by richstant View Post
Hi, I've recently switched to Kobo Uncaged because my laptop has limited ports. One thing I miss compared to the kobotouchextended driver is collections - I have quite a big library, and replicating my calibre grouping into collections on the kobo is helpful. Is there any way to replicate this functionality in kobo uncaged already?
I'm afraid not. I've never figured out how the shelves/collections work on Kobo, or Calibre. Since I personally don't use that feature it has been (very) low on the priority list I'm afraid.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 01:44 PM   #169
richstant
richstant began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
I'm afraid not. I've never figured out how the shelves/collections work on Kobo, or Calibre. Since I personally don't use that feature it has been (very) low on the priority list I'm afraid.
That's a shame, but thanks for letting me know!
richstant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 08:19 PM   #170
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Actually creating the collections and adding books to them is easy. Both are just inserts into the database. The complication is working out what changes to make. And a smaller complication if a collection has been deleted.

The code is in the driver and should be followable. But, I'm happy to answer questions.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 08:29 PM   #171
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Actually creating the collections and adding books to them is easy. Both are just inserts into the database. The complication is working out what changes to make. And a smaller complication if a collection has been deleted.

The code is in the driver and should be followable. But, I'm happy to answer questions.
There's also the "Smart device" driver side to figure out as well.

I might get to it one day. No promises though.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 09:41 PM   #172
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
There's also the "Smart device" driver side to figure out as well.
The Smart Device driver is building a dictionary based on the collection columns. That is keyed by the collection name and each entry is a list of the file paths for the books on the device. Then it is "just" building the database updates based on the dictionary.

You could also ignore what the driver supplies and do the configuration and collection building on your side. That means your code has to build the list that needs to be updated from the metadata in the books, but, it might give you more control.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote