Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-08-2021, 04:00 PM   #436
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Well, hell!

I'm starting to get tired of waiting for "Islandia," by Austin Tappan Wright.

Don, it's listed as available in PDF format at Scribd: Islandia. I don't have a Scribd subscription, so I can't check it.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 05:08 PM   #437
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
Don, it's listed as available in PDF format at Scribd: Islandia. I don't have a Scribd subscription, so I can't check it.
From the preview it is a scan of a print copy with yellowed pages uploaded by a Scribd user. Unlikely to be legit.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 09:54 AM   #438
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:

Thank you for the info.

I also have no subscription to Scribd. I suspect that this may be an illegal copy. (However, I have no way of confirming this.)

ADDED: I just now saw jhowell's post, so this confirms my suspicion - at least, about the quality of the scan. I'm quite willing to pay for an epub or mobi file. (Unfortunately, my First Edition hardback is in storage in the U.S.A.)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-09-2021 at 09:58 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 11:12 AM   #439
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Don, there is a legit Austin Tappan Wright short story here.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 05:02 PM   #440
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Don, there is a legit Austin Tappan Wright short story here.
I'm going there right now. Thank you!
Old 06-12-2021, 09:44 AM   #441
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
More Isaac Asimov novels, the Foundation books after the original trilogy, and his other novels such as the Empire novels.

Anatoly Rybakov's Children of the Arbat trilogy.

More early novels by Valerie Anand.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 12:19 PM   #442
fjdk
fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post
More Isaac Asimov novels, the Foundation books after the original trilogy, and his other novels such as the Empire novels.
The trilogy plus the other four foundation titles are available on amazon as Foundation (7 book series) and the empire books as Galactic Empires (3 book series)?

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-16-2021 at 06:53 AM.
fjdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 01:53 PM   #443
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post

Anatoly Rybakov's Children of the Arbat trilogy.

More early novels by Valerie Anand.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
In the Amazon US store, all 7 of the Foundation books are available.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0753KCGQ3...3520178&sr=1-3

The Robot books are as well.

The ones that I've given up on is his Black Widower mystery short stories.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 02:11 AM   #444
M.K.Dockery
M.K.Dockery can grip it by the huskM.K.Dockery can grip it by the huskM.K.Dockery can grip it by the huskM.K.Dockery can grip it by the huskM.K.Dockery can grip it by the huskM.K.Dockery can grip it by the huskM.K.Dockery can grip it by the huskM.K.Dockery can grip it by the huskM.K.Dockery can grip it by the huskM.K.Dockery can grip it by the huskM.K.Dockery can grip it by the husk

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
James H Cobb's Amanda Garrett series (also known as the USS Cunningham Quartet) came out last Saturday. Cobb died back in 2014, so I had given up on this. I finished the first. There are some scan errors but I didn't think they were too bad.
Hello,

I am the 2nd cousin and literary heir of James H. Cobb. His mother Kathy Cobb was his heir for a number of years after his death and was very against e-books and thought of them as the end of books and libraries entirely and so was against any chance of them being made altogether.

Jame's was a mentor and coach for much of my life as I too learned the craft of storytelling. I am happy that within a short time I have been able to get this series to ebook since coming into holding the rights and hope to soon encourage the publishers on audio versions. Book 5 which was published in German and Japanese could have a chance at its day being published in English.

I am also moving to publish many other works of his though my own avenues. Project 39, a Science-fiction mystery novel should come out before the end of the year. Which was possibly was his very last completed novel.

Anyway, thank you for your readership and I am sorry for the formatting issues. I am sure they are detracting. I will see what I can do about bringing this to the publishers attention.

M.K.Dockery

--
M.K.Dockery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 07:53 AM   #445
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.K.Dockery View Post
Hello,

I am the 2nd cousin and literary heir of James H. Cobb. His mother Kathy Cobb was his heir for a number of years after his death and was very against e-books and thought of them as the end of books and libraries entirely and so was against any chance of them being made altogether.

Jame's was a mentor and coach for much of my life as I too learned the craft of storytelling. I am happy that within a short time I have been able to get this series to ebook since coming into holding the rights and hope to soon encourage the publishers on audio versions. Book 5 which was published in German and Japanese could have a chance at its day being published in English.

I am also moving to publish many other works of his though my own avenues. Project 39, a Science-fiction mystery novel should come out before the end of the year. Which was possibly was his very last completed novel.

Anyway, thank you for your readership and I am sorry for the formatting issues. I am sure they are detracting. I will see what I can do about bringing this to the publishers attention.

M.K.Dockery

--
I generally don't get that worried about scan errors as long as they are corrected over time, I'm just happy to have the works available. I'm looking forward to reading his other works when they become available and thanks.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 08:17 AM   #446
rantanplan
Fanatic
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:

Same with Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/en/us/search?qu...7-81d8523c33aa
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 08:21 AM   #447
rantanplan
Fanatic
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
I guess House of Leaves will never be released as an ebook, unfortunately. I know why the book wasn't digitally released at the time (a lot of advanced formatting techniques are used) but most of the stuff should work with the current epub / kfx or pdf as a last resort.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 07:26 PM   #448
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:

Not in Australia. We get the first three Foundation books (with horrible covers), and the first Robot. I think there were more at one point, but they've disappeared from Kobo and Amazon AU.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:46 AM   #449
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Another ebook that keeps bugging me that I have been waiting for is Infante's Inferno, by G. Cabrera Infante.

I was able to borrow a copy from Archive.org - the PDF and the epub. The epub (as usual with them) is mangled up with joined words and the usual conversion issues. The PDF, on the other hand, is a screaming yellow mixed with text and is not easily read on an ereader. And I hate reading it on my ancient iPad.

Like before, this is a book I actually own in hardback, but it's in a climate-controlled storage right now back in the USA, along with the rest of my book collection. I probably have 100 boxes of books (mostly hardcover) without proper identification on the boxes. So finding my copy (and being almost 70 years old now and dealing with a stroke 4.4 years ago is, at best, problematic - AND if I'm able to go back this Christmas to visit my two sisters).

By the way, I have an almost complete collection of Ballantine Adult Fantasy paperbacks - in mint condition - carefully packed away in those boxes.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-04-2021 at 10:55 AM. Reason: proper spelling correction: problematic
Old 08-04-2021, 01:04 PM   #450
alehel
Zealot
alehel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
One man and his bog by Barry Pilton. I absolutely love that book. Wish I could buy an ebook copy.
alehel is offline   Reply With Quote