Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-04-2018, 02:22 AM   #16
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
You can also refine the searches by playing with some of the other fields. For example, adding &node=157305011 gives mysteries, 158566011 is romance, 157325011 is non-fiction, etc. Those are the only three I know right now...I'm sure other folks know other nodes, like sci-fi...

You can also search, for example, for the classics, which mostly have (Enriched Classics) in the title by adding &title=classics to the search.

So a little creativity can help knock down the hundreds of titles to something manageable.
&node= didn't work for me, or at least it didn't narrow the list down. However, it did cause the sidebar to show a list of categories for drilling down into. To simplify things for everyone else:
It'll also let you drill down into sub-categories after you follow any of the above links.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 11:26 AM   #17
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
&node= didn't work for me, or at least it didn't narrow the list down. However, it did cause the sidebar to show a list of categories for drilling down into. To simplify things for everyone else:

It'll also let you drill down into sub-categories after you follow any of the above links.
Too bad almost every book is in almost every category.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2018, 03:06 PM   #18
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I picked up a few titles. probably will never read them tho LOL I have too many books from big name authors on my read list
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 03:27 PM   #19
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I picked up a few titles. probably will never read them tho LOL I have too many books from big name authors on my read list
In the time it takes to read one book I accumulate 25 more. I'm drowning in ebooks. To make matters worse, I also record TV shows faster than I can watch, so every day I fall farther behind on those too.
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 03:27 PM   #20
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
That is really bizarre, because it definitely works for me. If I take @keithdt's link from the first post (the general one, not the non-fiction one), and add &node=157305011 at the end, it goes from showing me more than 2,000 S&S titles (you can see this up in the upper left corner of the page) to 399 titles, and it adds the category "Kindle eBooks : Mystery, Thriller & Suspense" in burnt orange text. See the attached screenshots of before and after, with URL, and search results in upper left-ish.

Now, it's still true that, as @j.p.s says up above, the assignment of books to genres can sometimes be sort of off, but at least it can be a bit of help when staring at a few thousand search results ...

Odd that it's not working for you - and funny that it doesn't cause the sidebar to show up for me. But, anyway, glad it somehow helped you sort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post

{edit long list}
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	before.PNG
Views:	246
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	165444   Click image for larger version

Name:	after.PNG
Views:	252
Size:	254.9 KB
ID:	165445  

Last edited by sufue; 08-05-2018 at 03:38 PM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2018, 03:31 PM   #21
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
In the time it takes to read one book I accumulate 25 more. I'm drowning in ebooks. To make matters worse, I also record TV shows faster than I can watch, so every day I fall farther behind on those too.
I read 2 books on average a month and buy around 2 to 6 a month lol
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 03:59 PM   #22
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I read 2 books on average a month and buy around 2 to 6 a month lol
Since discovering MobileRead I ‘buy’ around 100 a month and have read maybe one in my entire life.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 10:40 PM   #23
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
Since discovering MobileRead I ‘buy’ around 100 a month and have read maybe one in my entire life.
E-Book General > General Discussions > Ebook Buyer Addicts Support Thread
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 11:23 PM   #24
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
According to Robert Nagle over at Teleread, Simon and Schuster has been having 99 cent sales at Amazon and Kobo for a while now, starting on Tuesday morning and ending on Monday night. I've modified Avice's links for them.

Adams Media
Aladdin
Atria Books
Atria/37 INK: no freebies
Atria Books/Beyond Words
Atria/Emily Bestler Books (not very many)
Atria/Enliven Books: no freebies
Atria/Keywords Press: no freebies
Atheneum Books for Young Readers
Beach Lane Books
Folger Shakespeare Library: no freebies
Gallery Books
Gallery 13
Gallery/Scout Press: no freebies
Howard Books
Margaret K. McElderry Books
Pocket Books
Saga Press
Salaam Reads / Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers: no freebies
Scribner
Simon & Schuster
Simon & Schuster Audio: no freebies
Simon & Schuster/Paula Wiseman Books
Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Simon & Schuster Children's UK: no freebies
Simon Pulse
Simon Spotlight
Touchstone
Washington Square Press[/QUOTE]
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:26 AM   #25
WestCactus
Zealot
WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Oasis 1 & 3, Fire 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
E-Book General > General Discussions > Ebook Buyer Addicts Support Thread
Doesn’t help. Makes me buy more! 😝
WestCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 10:46 AM   #26
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Wow, very nice. Wish I had seen this sooner but checking it out now.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:34 AM   #27
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know how I wound up on this old thread . . . .

Anyway, I noticed that on numerous Simon & Schuster landing and/or splash pages that they are offering a free ebook to a person who signs up for one or more of their mailing lists.

I want to be on another mailing list like I want . . . a colonoscopy. But when something is offered for free, I lose all self-control.

I checked my email to see what they're offering me. Wouldn't you know that fiction books are all that they're offering? It seems like there was about 6 choices.

There was something about S&S having some 99 cent books that I saw on two or three of their webpages (at least one of them was at the very top of the page). I'm going to check into that.
Old 07-30-2019, 04:57 AM   #28
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Okay. At least one way to find at least some of S&S's 99-cent books is to go to Kobo's website (for some reason, it seems easier to sort things by price there).

Linky.

Tags
schuster, simon & schuster