Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-27-2008, 04:57 PM   #61
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Because of a secret plot to keep my ego in check, no doubt. I'm only paranoid because everybody hates me.
maybe we should put *that* on a t-shirt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Does "The blue one, next to the fish" have an illustration? Shall I simply use my creative skills to make something up? I must confess that I missed the particular silly thread that generated this bit of cultural reference.
um... might i presume to participate in the illustration generating here ? maybe i could draw a fish for that one. it could be ironically elegant like a japanese koi and then people would be even more confused.

Quote:
"The right to free speech does not entail the right to an audience."
nicely done !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:00 PM   #62
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I'd love to have your elegant koi, Z-chan.

Another attempt: "Your right to free speech does not entail my participation in the audience."

Or maybe "membership in the audience." Something like that.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2008, 05:01 PM   #63
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'd love to have your elegant koi, Z-chan.
i'll see what i can come up with.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:10 PM   #64
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
I want a T-shirt that I can program 1) the color, 2) the size, and 3) what it says and cost less than $10 US.
I've got just the product for you!

Quote:
**NEW** Programmable T-Shirts for just $9.99 (includes shipping and handling)

First time ever sold to the public!! Be the first in your neighborhood to get one. Supplies are limited and selling fast!

Each programmable t-shirt is 100% white cotton of the highest quality. The programming package contains:
- 5 color dye packs (choice of primary, pastel, or flourescent)
- iron-on fabric custom message patches
- a set of hook and loop straps
- and a programming CD

The programming CD includes all the software necessary for:
- calculating the correct formula for obtaining the optimal color of your choice
- designing your custom message
- determining the correct strap confiration necessary to custom-fit your 100% cotton t-shirt

As a bonus feature, we'll also include a programming instructional DVD. This fabulous "extra" provides you with all the instructions necessary for:
- dyeing your 100% cotton t-shirt to just the right color shade
- printing your custom message on the special iron-on fabric patches
- customizing the t-shirt size using the included set of hook and loop straps

Operators are standing by to take your order. Call NOW!

Programmability of this product is only limited by your imagination!

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:12 PM   #65
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
I've got just the product for you!
wow ! at last !! i can't believe nobody thought of this before !!! thanks dreamer !
Advert
Old 08-27-2008, 05:17 PM   #66
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
"The blue one, next to the fish" was a poll option on an US poll/thread. There is no visualization. Visualization isn't possible. Although I think we also discovered that the blue one next to the fish is actually, in real life, a lawyer.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:23 PM   #67
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
I want a T-shirt that I can program 1) the color, 2) the size, and 3) what it says and cost less than $10 US.
If BookishDreamer's suggestion doesn't meet your needs, try this one:

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/200...ake_a_l_7.html
"Use silver-coated thread and a microporcessor to make programmable LED clothing"
Old 08-27-2008, 05:24 PM   #68
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
"The blue one, next to the fish" was a poll option on an US poll/thread.
this poll.

Quote:
There is no visualization. Visualization isn't possible. Although I think we also discovered that the blue one next to the fish is actually, in real life, a lawyer.
well i'm sorry, i'm not going to volunteer to draw a lawyer. either it's a fish sort of reminiscent of a japanese koi, or it's just text.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:26 PM   #69
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23468

Hmm, which came first?
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:30 PM   #70
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
ah, right, i forgot about that one, sorry. you can understand the marcel duchamp memorial poll holds a special place in my heart. (also, it only came a few hours first.)

but now that you mention it, wasn't "the blue one, next to the fish" actually first used in yet another poll, before it became a mandatory option in every poll ? hmm, time to do a search...
Old 08-27-2008, 05:35 PM   #71
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Z-chan, if you don't have time to do a fish picture, this is the one I was thinking of using:

Old 08-27-2008, 05:36 PM   #72
zelda_pinwheel

just as i thought, the blue one next to the fish predates *both* those polls (not by much) and actually first appears here.

Quote:
If BookishDreamer's suggestion doesn't meet your needs, try this one:

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/200...ake_a_l_7.html
"Use silver-coated thread and a microporcessor to make programmable LED clothing"
oh boy. i want a t-shirt with leds making a glider from the game of life that marches around my garment forever.
: DOWANTsquirrel:
Old 08-27-2008, 05:38 PM   #73
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Z-chan, if you don't have time to do a fish picture, this is the one I was thinking of using:

well i wasn't planning to work on it tonight, and i'm not sure if you're in a hurry or not, but my fish was going to look a lot like your fish only, you know, vectorial and red and orange gradient coloured. so if you want it for right away that fish looks good to me. black is good too. (can we have some dark-coloured t-shirts please ? i never wear white.)
Old 08-27-2008, 05:46 PM   #74
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

I'm in no hurry, Z-chan. I'll do some of the other designs first, and you can send along your fishy whenever it's ready.

All shirts will be offered in both dark and light colors, and many styles as well (for those who prefer spaghetti straps, "sweatshirt" weight fabric, long vs. short sleeves, etc.) We can also have mousepads, buttons, mugs, and other silly goodness.

CafePress makes it easy to try to please everyone.

There is, however, a small monthly fee associated with being able to offer multiple designs on multiple t-shirt styles, so I'll probably put a nominal markup on each shirt, just so I don't have the Financial Guy (my beloved husband) coming and asking me why I'm spending money on yet another wacky project. I'm thinking either 50 cents or $1 per shirt. Would that be ok? You folks were all very generous about the llama (look for llama-related shirts and other goodies!) and I don't want to be seen as taking advantage of you. Just cover the $6/month that CafePress charges to keep the site open.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:55 PM   #75
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
I'm in no hurry, Z-chan. I'll do some of the other designs first, and you can send along your fishy whenever it's ready.
ok great ! i'll try not to take too long...

Quote:
All shirts will be offered in both dark and light colors, and many styles as well (for those who prefer spaghetti straps, "sweatshirt" weight fabric, long vs. short sleeves, etc.) We can also have mousepads, buttons, mugs, and other silly goodness.

CafePress makes it easy to try to please everyone.
excellent !

Quote:
There is, however, a small monthly fee associated with being able to offer multiple designs on multiple t-shirt styles, so I'll probably put a nominal markup on each shirt, just so I don't have the Financial Guy (my beloved husband) coming and asking me why I'm spending money on yet another wacky project. I'm thinking either 50 cents or $1 per shirt. Would that be ok? You folks were all very generous about the llama (look for llama-related shirts and other goodies!) and I don't want to be seen as taking advantage of you. Just cover the $6/month that CafePress charges to keep the site open.
that seems reasonable to me. we wouldn't want something as irritating and daisy-stomping as *money* getting in the way of a wacky project.

i can't wait to see the llama-related shirts !!

Tags
unutterable silliness