Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-18-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
wsignal
wsignal began at the beginning.

Device: PRS700
Column copy (one time)

Hello All,

I'm changing the way I tag books. I want to preserve the old tag values in a custom column before entering new tags. This is easy: create a custom column with a "{tags}" template. However, I now want to preserve the values in this column without ever changing them again (a one-time copy). How would I do that?

Thank you,
Will Signal
wsignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use search and replace. Put .* as the search expression and choose an empty column as the destination field.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 11:05 AM   #3
wsignal
wsignal began at the beginning.

Device: PRS700
Thank you! I appreciate it.
-Will
wsignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:51 AM   #4
rbartolome
rbartolome began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Use search and replace. Put .* as the search expression and choose an empty column as the destination field.
First of all, thank you kovidgoyal four the excellent tool you have developed: Calibre!!!!.

Please, could you explain more detailed how to copy form one column to other, Im having hard times with your instructions "search and replace".

Thank you.

Raúl Bartolomé Castro
Engineering Manager
http://www.cisium.com/

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-30-2011 at 10:30 PM.
rbartolome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:21 AM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
That would be because they are not entirely correct. Try searching for "(.*)" and replacing it with "\1" (without the quotes, obviously). Keep in mind that you'll need to set your source and destination columns properly.
Edit: Oh, and you'll need to use regular expression search mode.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2011, 09:00 PM   #6
rbartolome
rbartolome began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
That would be because they are not entirely correct. Try searching for "(.*)" and replacing it with "\1" (without the quotes, obviously). Keep in mind that you'll need to set your source and destination columns properly.
Edit: Oh, and you'll need to use regular expression search mode.
Thank you for you answer, I find out already the way, You highlighted I had to change to "regular expression search mode".
BTW I dont have to use "(.*)", just column source, and column destination.

Take care,
Raúl Bartolomé Castro
Engineering Manager
http://www.cisium.com
rbartolome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #7
Riva3000
Calibre fan
Riva3000 began at the beginning.

Device: iRex 800SG, iPhone 3GS (shelved: iRex iLiad, KindleDX, Adam tablet)
I just found out its not possible to copy values of Rating columns this way - no Rating columns list in Source or Destination column lists in Search and replace.

Still it might be useful to be able to copy theyr values (as it happened to me).
Any way to do it ?
Riva3000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
columns, copying