Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-24-2008, 01:28 PM   #61
jridley
Enthusiast
jridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with others

Device: Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@jridley

I thought I fixed that bug in v0.4.58 what version are you using?
Ah, 0.4.56. But I just downloaded it last night from http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net. I see now that 0.4.58 is up there. The one I downloaded last night is calibre-0.4.56.exe
I'll grab the new one and try again.
jridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 07:17 AM   #62
ChuckEggDotCom
ChuckEggDotCom began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
I've been a lurker here for some time.

Congratulations to Kovid on Calibre. It's a great program.

Here are my observations when installing it on my
HP/Compaq Tablet
Windows XP / Tablet PC Edition 2005
Version 2002 / SP2
Pentium 1.86 GHz

1) Fetch News > Add a Custom News Source

Kept crashing until I changed Calibre to Windows 95 Compatibility mode.

2) Fetch News > Add a Custom News Source

When using the Simple (not advanced) mode, the "feeds =" row would display a null character instead of the correct feed name. The feed would be added correctly if I manually added the feed in Advanced mode instead of the simple mode.

3) Also, it would be nice if I could click a single button and say "get all my feeds now" rather than selecting them individually. Maybe use multiple select from a drop down or checkmarks in a drop down or otherwise create a list.

That's all. Great job, Kovid

Last edited by ChuckEggDotCom; 05-25-2008 at 07:22 AM.
ChuckEggDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2008, 10:02 AM   #63
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hmm 1) and 2) work for me on XP, perhaps it's something about the Tablet PC edition. Unfrtunately, I don't have the tablet pc edition to test on.

3) is on my TODO list.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:56 PM   #64
SkonOfVulcan
Kholinar Master
SkonOfVulcan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Arrow New Logo and Icon's for Calibre

Well I volunteered to do Logo and Icon graphics for Kovid & he has integrated them by now. If anyone has any suggestions for me as to alternates on the graphics, improvements, rants, complaints or even complements on the graphics let me know. Attached is a sample. The icon exists in various forms as a variation on this logo. Existing either as just the books or with the name Calibre depending on size.

Regards,
SkonOfVulcan a.k.a. Caleb Avery
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CalibreLogoSAMPLE.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	13094  
SkonOfVulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:17 PM   #65
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I like them, I only made one change, which was to use the text free version as an icon at all sizes. Mainly because that's how most other icons are and also with the text the icon isn't square.
Advert
Old 05-30-2008, 06:07 AM   #66
Peto
Legal Alien
Peto doesn't litterPeto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505/T1/Kindle PW2
Hello Kovid,

I think the browse by cover option does not refresh properly when editing the library.
Peto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:48 AM   #67
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You mean when changing the metadata?
Old 05-30-2008, 12:17 PM   #68
Peto
Legal Alien

Nope, when adding or erasing books. The titles and covers intermix.

Not much of an issue, Calibre gets it right with a restart.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:20 PM   #69
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
I'm seeing a possible bug: library location is not sticking, I have to enter it each time. calibre recreates library1.db in my home directory. I'm using 4.67 ubuntu linux version.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:11 AM   #70
TheLongshot
Groupie
TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
The windows install seems to be busted. I can't install the latest version because the installer failed a checksum.
TheLongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:36 AM   #71
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongshot View Post
The windows install seems to be busted. I can't install the latest version because the installer failed a checksum.
4.68 installed fine here (on Vista).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:31 AM   #72
Peto
Legal Alien

Hello Covid,

Would it be hard to add an option in the lrf conversion window so as to let Calibre remember our settings? I always use the same fonts, header and margins and have to change every time I convert a book.

Thanks, man.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:26 AM   #73
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Use the set conversion defaults menu option by clicking the arrow next to the convert ebooks button
Old 06-11-2008, 08:01 AM   #74
Peto
Legal Alien

Old 06-16-2008, 09:21 PM   #75
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
I upgraded to the newest version 0.4.72 and when I try to run the program, nothing happens. I see the icon and it looks active but nothing. I have to force quit in order for it to close. I downgraded to 0.4.62 and it works fine. I uninstalled using AppZapper when I upgraded but that still did not work. I don't know how to send you an error message because there does not seem to be any errors, except for the fact that I can't see the program, except for the icon. Any ideas?

I am running it on a 12" PowerBook G4 867 MHz.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote