Notices

Old 03-30-2010, 12:56 AM   #16
maledyris
maledyris began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350, kobo wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi,

On my Mac, they are not in my home directory (not in ~/Library/) but they are in the system level /Library/LaunchAgents/

Here is what mine shows:

kevin-hendrickss-imac:LaunchAgents kbhend$ cd /Library/LaunchAgents
kevin-hendrickss-imac:LaunchAgents kbhend$ pwd
/Library/LaunchAgents
kevin-hendrickss-imac:LaunchAgents kbhend$ ls -l
total 24
-rw-r--r-- 1 root admin 474 18 Nov 18:42 com.sony.ReaderLibrary.ReaderLibraryLauncher.plist
-rw-r--r-- 1 root admin 418 18 Nov 18:42 com.sony.ReaderLibrary.RunReaderLibrary.plist

So I would search your system for those files and move them someplace else. Then restart your system.

Kevin
Thank you! That was the half of the problem that I was missing! I know how to disable daemons, but I'm not well versed in OS X yet and don't know where anything is. For anyone else who wants to prevent launchd from starting the service, just run these commands from Terminal:

cd /Library/LaunchAgents
launchctl unload -w com.sony.ReaderLibrary.ReaderLibraryLauncher.plist

To let the service start up again:
sudo launchctl load com.sony.ReaderLibrary.ReaderLibraryLauncher.plist

If you disable it this way, then if you ever run the uninstaller, you won't run into any errors. Oh, the uninstaller is here by the way:

/Library/Reader Library/uninstall-ReaderLibrary.sh
maledyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:46 AM   #17
recce101
recce101 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony prs300
In the version 3.2 of Sony Reader Library, under Preferences, you can clear the option to autostart Reader Library when a reader is connected. It works!

Ned
recce101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:21 AM   #18
llreader
Mesmerist
llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 Silver. Much nicer than I expected.
This thread is old, but I am not above a little thread necrophilia (eeeew!).

I had the auto-launch turned off on the Mac, but the Sony REader Library has been launching itself ever since I updated the software a while back. I can't seem to delete the autolaunch partition (just as well), although I did move the plists, then renamed them, then moved them to a pen drive and deleted them on the Mac. Still, the Reader Library launches every time I plug in the Reader.

I tried the launchctl thing (by first moving the two plists back, and using "sudo")

"sudo launchctl unload -w com.sony.ReaderLibrary.ReaderLibraryLauncher.plist "

and it returns:

"launchctl: Error unloading: Reader Library Launcher agent"

so I tried loading it:

"sudo launchctl load com.sony.ReaderLibrary.ReaderLibraryLauncher.plist "

and got:

"nothing found to load"

Any ideas?

Last edited by llreader; 08-15-2010 at 05:29 AM.
llreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:34 AM   #19
llreader
Mesmerist
llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 Silver. Much nicer than I expected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by recce101 View Post
In the version 3.2 of Sony Reader Library, under Preferences, you can clear the option to autostart Reader Library when a reader is connected. It works!

Ned
Doh, Recce, this works. Sorry, I should have known that thread necromancy would lead to no good at all.

Thanks for the help! Karma on the way...
llreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:44 PM   #20
fdboucher
fdboucher began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-300
Getting rid of "Reader library launcher" on a Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd4849 View Post
In the finder navigate to /Library/LaunchAgents and remove any com.sony.....plist(s) that you find there. Don't delete just move to another folder. If you don't find any there check ~/Library/LaunchAgents. Reboot and use activity monitor to make sure no ebook processes are running.
WOW! THANKS!!!! I could not get rid of that dang process… even through CleanMyMac Uninstall or the Activity Monitor!

Good riddance!

Very helpful!
fdboucher is offline   Reply With Quote