Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 05:40 AM   #16
DigiDirk
Connoisseur
DigiDirk doesn't litterDigiDirk doesn't litter

Device: iLiad
Read about it on the frontpage... and just saved it on my harddisc.

This is shopping at its best!

Dirk
Old 03-03-2009, 08:45 AM   #17
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
In a lot of ways, it's also producing at its best. Being able to go from creating a product, to selling it directly to consumers, is in many ways the craftsman's ideal situation. In this case, there are no middlemen to cream off the profits, no fees or tasks forced upon you by an industry or organization beyond your control.

Of course, there can be a downside... for instance, my lack of using an editor on this novel has resulted in a few typos that have crept in after my once- and twice-over. However, the great thing about e-books is that I was informed about those typos immediately, by my consumers. That means I can go back and fix those typos, then re-release the book to the public within a day. (Well, in this case, a few days... bear with me!) And the consumer simply replaces the file, does not landfill the old one, and enjoys it as if it were the original.

That's the power of the digital medium combined with the 21st century communications infrastructure, a power the print world will never match!
Old 03-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #18
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
I was away for a couple of days.. and yahoo!!! A brand new Kestral Voyage awaits!

My only dilemma is Allen Steele's Coyote Horizon came out the same day on FW. Which to read first... hmmm.

As far as dilemma's go, I like this one!
Old 03-04-2009, 08:36 AM   #19
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
My only dilemma is Allen Steele's Coyote Horizon came out the same day on FW. Which to read first... hmmm.
Oh, good! I was thinking of getting that!
Old 03-04-2009, 09:00 AM   #20
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

From the "It's nice to be noticed" department:

I was contacted last night by a D.C. newspaper editor, working on an article on e-books... he told me that he had heard I was "one of D.C.'s finest" authors! (Hokay, who here knows someone on the CityPaper?) He's expressed a desire to review one of my books, so I need to decide which one to send him. Any thoughts from the gallery?
Old 03-04-2009, 10:02 AM   #21
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
The Mirror Cracks. Definitely.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:27 AM   #22
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Good suggestion, I think...
Old 03-04-2009, 03:38 PM   #23
TheLongshot
Groupie
TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
I was contacted last night by a D.C. newspaper editor, working on an article on e-books... he told me that he had heard I was "one of D.C.'s finest" authors! (Hokay, who here knows someone on the CityPaper?) He's expressed a desire to review one of my books, so I need to decide which one to send him. Any thoughts from the gallery?
I wouldn't get too much of an attitude about it. I'm not exactly impressed by the quality of the City Paper's writing.

And of the ones I've read, The Mirror Cracks is probably a good choice.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:56 PM   #24
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Okay, as that's 2 votes for Mirror (and a notable silence from the rest of the gallery), it's elected. And yeah, I know, the City Paper ain't exactly The New Yorker... but I'll take what I can get! (Mostly, I just hope it results in sales!)
Old 03-04-2009, 09:41 PM   #25
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Steve, they say there's no such thing as bad press ... so congratulations on the City Paper review and enjoy the free publicity.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:47 PM   #26
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Hey Steve, please let us know when the CityPaper article comes out.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:41 PM   #27
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Note to all: Revision 1

The Lens has just undergone Revision 1, to fix a number of typos found by Moe the Cat (thanks, Moe!). I do plan to send revised copies to everyone who's already ordered, before the weekend is out.

Let's hear it for the power of e-books, self-publishing and electronic distribution!

Hip! Hip!
Old 03-06-2009, 09:01 AM   #28
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
umm... Huzzah?

No that's not right!
Old 03-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #29
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
umm... Huzzah?

No that's not right!
No, that's exactly what I was going for.

I mean, come on! I just released a novel last weekend! My customers already have it! One of them has found some inconsistencies, and I have already been contacted about it! I've revised the book, and will have that revised copy out to everyone who bought the first one!

All in a week!

So, I say again: Hip! Hip!
Old 03-06-2009, 10:33 AM   #30
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
So, I say again: Hip! Hip!
Hurrah !
For Steve too, then
Closed Thread