Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-07-2016, 01:14 AM   #1
lrbuckle
lrbuckle began at the beginning.

Device: Sont PRS-T3
Unhappy Help! Having major issues with calibre

It won't update because it says it can't find calibre-2.33.0. It also won't uninstall so I can try again because of the same thing. Now I can't use the program at all as it now says it is uninstalled despite still showing up in my aps section of settings. Very frustrating. no idea which version of Calibre I've been running as it's been having the update issue for a while. I have Windows 10 as well.
lrbuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 02:50 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
What is saying what? Complete error messages are more useful than incomplete error messages.

If I had to guess at your problem, I would venture to say that the Windows Installer Service is showing an error message that it cannot find the *.msi file for the calibre 2.33.0 installation (presumably the version of calibre you previously installed) and is refusing to install the new *.msi (basically, because Microsoft packaging/software installation protocol sucks major time).

The easiest way to fix that is to install CCleaner and clean up your Registry.
This will get rid of the stale, broken registry key which the Windows Installer Service created pointing towards the location of the *.msi file used to install calibre, which for some godawful reason Microsoft considers important enough to halt a software installation if it cannot check.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre-2.33.0, update, update error