Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-18-2014, 02:17 AM   #1
sowmya
sowmya began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle 5.4.2 Paperwhite

I tried to download the kindle libraries and couldn't locate the jar file. I am aiming at developing kindlets but in order to compile my code against the kindle libraries, i need to get this file. My kindle paperwhite runs on 5.4.2 and does not have an opt folder! Help!
sowmya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:20 AM   #2
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sowmya View Post
My kindle paperwhite runs on 5.4.2 and does not have an opt folder!
I'm pretty sure it does
It is not visible when you connect Kindle to PC via USB because only a part of the Kindle storage is exposed that way.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2014, 10:36 AM   #3
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
^ what dsmid said. Install usbnetwork and then scp to the device. IIRC, the file should be at /opt/amazon/ebook/lib/Kindlet-2*.jar.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:57 PM   #4
sowmya
sowmya began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Got it! Thanks!!
sowmya is offline   Reply With Quote