Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-05-2014, 06:26 PM   #1
emerydaly
emerydaly began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question calibre version number

I just downloaded calibre and the front page lower left says it is verion 2.5. An error message I just received says I have version 0.9.11. I am trying to install a plug in (Quality Check) and it would not install because I need at least verion 9.29. Can someone explain the version confusion and how do I update my version?
Thank you, Emery
emerydaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 06:37 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerydaly View Post
I just downloaded calibre and the front page lower left says it is verion 2.5. An error message I just received says I have version 0.9.11. I am trying to install a plug in (Quality Check) and it would not install because I need at least verion 9.29. Can someone explain the version confusion and how do I update my version?
Thank you, Emery
When it says 9.29 it will mean 0.9.29. Since then there have been a lot of 1.xx releases and we are now on the 2.xx series

Note that the last number is the release number within a version, so .28 will be 23 releases later than .5
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 06:50 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@emerydaly - each Plug-in maintains its own version number that is independent of the core calibre version number. And each PI has a minimum calibre version number that it needs to install/run.

Current version number of QC plugin is 1.9.11

The minimum version of calibre on which that PI can be used is 0.9.29 (May 2013)

If you have calibre 2.5 you should be fine

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calbire, versions