Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-11-2023, 01:48 AM   #1
Hammerhand
Hammerhand began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
5.15.1.1 jailbroken kindle

Hello, I had a fully jailbroken kindle with kual and koreader installed. Yesterday I changed my wifi and I left it in kindle software, and somehow it updated to 5.15.1.1 firmware.

No I can see the kual "book" in my library but I can't access to it (message: Application error. The selected app couldn't be started. Try again).

If I restart the kindle, the message "**** Jailbreak ****" appears in the bottom.

Is there anything I can do to recover kual or have I completely lost jailbreak?

Thanks for your support

Edit: Kingle pw 4 10th generation.

Last edited by Hammerhand; 07-11-2023 at 01:50 AM.
Hammerhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 11:26 AM   #2
Hammerhand

Hello. I found out that installing hotfix + kual again through mrpackage makes kual available again, but before I was trying to make jailbreak work again and entered demo mode.

Now I am stuck in demo mode and don't know how to reset it. It wouldn't bother me but when I enter koreader, the device never get suspended.

Any help to go out from demo mode or make the device get suspended again.

Thanks.
Advert
Old 07-12-2023, 07:01 AM   #3
tekkasit
Groupie
tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, KV, KOA3
If you want to get out of DEMO mode, please read the first post of WatchThis - Section Troubleshooting, at the 2nd bullet.
tekkasit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 10:12 AM   #4
Hammerhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkasit View Post
If you want to get out of DEMO mode, please read the first post of WatchThis - Section Troubleshooting, at the 2nd bullet.
I was trying to avoid to factory reset, I read that this way I would lost my jailbreak.

However, this morning I found the ebook suspended; rebooted and somehow it was out of demo mode, so now it works perfectly again (I a min 5.15.1.1 jailbroken).

I will permanently disable wifi just in case.

Thanks for your help.
Old 07-12-2023, 03:05 PM   #5
nomadism
nomadism began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1
So there is still no current jailbreak for 5.15, correct?
nomadism is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2023, 04:21 PM   #6
QRAK_
QRAK_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 3 (Black+White), Kindle PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhand View Post
I was trying to avoid to factory reset, I read that this way I would lost my jailbreak.

However, this morning I found the ebook suspended; rebooted and somehow it was out of demo mode, so now it works perfectly again (I a min 5.15.1.1 jailbroken).

I will permanently disable wifi just in case.

Thanks for your help.
Disabling OTA updates in KUAL works for me. As a safety measure, I also filled up empty space with dummy files (generated 1GB and 100MB dummy files with "Dummy Files Creator" program and multiplied them) leaving 100-150 MB of free space. No need to keep it an airplane mode. 3 units of jailbroken Kindles and no problems so far
QRAK_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 10:20 AM   #7
Hammerhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadism View Post
So there is still no current jailbreak for 5.15, correct?
As far as I have been reading, no. You can have a jailbroken unit if it was under 5.15 and you updated (jailbroken will be kept), but not to jailbreak one that is in this version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QRAK_ View Post
Disabling OTA updates in KUAL works for me. As a safety measure, I also filled up empty space with dummy files (generated 1GB and 100MB dummy files with "Dummy Files Creator" program and multiplied them) leaving 100-150 MB of free space. No need to keep it an airplane mode. 3 units of jailbroken Kindles and no problems so far
Very useful. YOu mean disabling OTA updates for koreader or there is any way to block amazon ota updates through KUAL?