Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-31-2009, 07:42 AM   #1
heatherager
heatherager began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505 portable reader system
Help - 505 reader completely frozen

I can't get my sony e reader to do anything. I transferred the books from the 100 classics cd it came with, disconnected it from the computer and ever since nothing has worked.

Can't turn it off or on, none of the menus will work. Have tried reset - and nothing is working at all.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?
heatherager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:56 AM   #2
wild_Willie2
Zealot
wild_Willie2 began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
Get a PSP charger to re charge it via net power. If a reader gets to low on power it will stop working even when hooked up to a USB powersource...
wild_Willie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2009, 12:04 PM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
I have a similar problem with my 505, Heather, so I took advice from here at MR and ordered an AC charger from the US -- trouble is that even the charger (supposedly 505-specific) won't work without its own adapter (five bucks of a job that I simply can't get hold of). So be sure if you go for one that you also ask for a gizmo called a 'transfer tip', otherwise, you're back to square one. Good luck. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:11 PM   #4
heatherager
heatherager began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505 portable reader system
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
I have a similar problem with my 505, Heather, so I took advice from here at MR and ordered an AC charger from the US -- trouble is that even the charger (supposedly 505-specific) won't work without its own adapter (five bucks of a job that I simply can't get hold of). So be sure if you go for one that you also ask for a gizmo called a 'transfer tip', otherwise, you're back to square one. Good luck. Neil
Problem is now fixed
heatherager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:37 PM   #5
Kostas
Still wondering why
Kostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS 505, (BlackBerry Bold ?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherager View Post
Problem is now fixed
Glad that it was fixed!
And how, just for the record?
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert