Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-25-2008, 01:53 PM   #1
Edd666666
Enthusiast
Edd666666 began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to combine 2 pdf files?

Hi I have two PDF files that I want to combine in order to format them for an ebook. One PDF has the first part of the book and one is the second half of the book. They were sent to me by the typesetter, so I did not create them and I do not have adobe, but I do have foxit(free version). Can anyone please tell me how to combine the two PDF files into one? Thanks for your help. Ed
Edd666666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 02:32 PM   #2
skoobwoman
Enthusiast
skoobwoman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2/Kindle DX/Astak Reader Pocket Pro/iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd666666 View Post
Hi I have two PDF files that I want to combine in order to format them for an ebook. One PDF has the first part of the book and one is the second half of the book. They were sent to me by the typesetter, so I did not create them and I do not have adobe, but I do have foxit(free version). Can anyone please tell me how to combine the two PDF files into one? Thanks for your help. Ed
I'd be happy to merge them for you since I have Adobe Acrobat 9 if you feel comfortable with sending them to me by email. I'll message you. Lauren
skoobwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2008, 02:59 PM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
pdftk will happily concatenate PDF files (and a few other operations).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:46 AM   #4
Edd666666
Enthusiast
Edd666666 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks, I got it.

Thanks to Lauren for really helping me out, I have it done now. And thanks to Jellby for offering help as well. This group in incredible. Thanks to all. Ed.
Edd666666 is offline   Reply With Quote