Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 01-21-2011, 03:26 PM   #31
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
I thought Romance novels all had a Fabio lookalikes on the cover and the word "throbbing" on every other page.
To keep us warm on those cold February nights.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:23 PM   #32
inkyness
Enthusiast
inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I'll second Remains of the Day. I think were pushing the definition of "Romance", but that's fine by me.
I'd like to third "Remains of the Day."

I'll also second Outlander; I've had like half of it read for ages now, and it would give me the encouragement to finish it.
inkyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2011, 04:41 PM   #33
mayoi
mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: PW2 and K3 Kindles, TF101
I'll vote for Jane Eyre. The most recent Masterpiece Theater version is being rebroadcast on a local PBS station, and I've already started re-reading it.
mayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:55 PM   #34
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I'd like to second "Sons and Lovers". I've never read D.H. Lawrence, but I'd like to.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:04 PM   #35
lila55
Fanatic
lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360° , iPhone 5, PRS-650, Sony PRS-T2, Sony PRS-T3, Tolino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I'd like to second "Sons and Lovers". I've never read D.H. Lawrence, but I'd like to.
I'll third "Sons and Lovers".
lila55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2011, 05:16 PM   #36
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_pepperweb View Post
I'd like to nominate Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedwig View Post
I would like to nominate Second Sight by Amanda Quick.
I'd second either of these, if I could find them in ebook format in the UK.

This is the Mobileread Book Club. It makes sense to only nominate books widely available in ebook form.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:17 PM   #37
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayoi View Post
I'll vote for Jane Eyre. The most recent Masterpiece Theater version is being rebroadcast on a local PBS station, and I've already started re-reading it.
We're not voting yet, only nominating. Jane Eyre has reached three nominations and doesn't need any more. You can vote for it once the list for nominating has finished and the poll thread set up.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:15 PM   #38
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I'll 3rd Sons and Lovers for that very same reason.

Edit:Oops, already 3rded.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #39
CO'Neil
Enthusiast
CO'Neil doesn't litterCO'Neil doesn't litter

Device: PRS500
Already been done?

I suppose there must be some reason not to do Pride and Prejudice.

Last edited by CO'Neil; 01-21-2011 at 07:17 PM. Reason: font change
CO'Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:59 PM   #40
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'll nominate A Room With A View, by E. M. Forster.

From Wikipedia:

"A Room with a View is a 1908 novel by English writer E. M. Forster, about a young woman in the repressed culture of Edwardian England. Set in Italy and England, the story is both a romance and a critique of English society at the beginning of the 20th century."
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:13 AM   #41
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can we find a category that actually doesn't have a number of people saying no to?
You say that... but there are already like 5 times as many nominations for this category than we got for Horror genre... so apparently it is a very popular genre.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:24 AM   #42
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I'll second "Lady Chatterly's Lover" by D.H. Lawrence.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:49 AM   #43
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
I'll second "Lady Chatterly's Lover" by D.H. Lawrence.
I'll third it.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:26 AM   #44
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
This moved fast, so I am quickly adding what I see that has been nominated. I need to finished adding the blurbs and do searches for links to the ebooks.

Please let me know of any errors or corrections needed.

NOTE: Please check if the book you would like is available to your geographic location, in the format you want, and at a purchase price acceptable to you.

See post #53 for the update.

Last edited by dreams; 01-22-2011 at 05:59 PM.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:01 AM   #45
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I'll third both Outlander and A Room With a View.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote