Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #16
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
EDIT:

Okay some feedback: AdBlock plus is what breaks the menus.

It also breaks adding images etc. So a small note somewhere about this may be sensible.
Hmm...
I am using AdBlock plus also, haven't had any troubles since the first day (when I had to click/drag to get the drop-down box to stay open).

Something to be looked into
Thanks for the report.

Your new blog looks good.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:40 AM   #17
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Articles are enabled, options may not (yet) be an optimal configuration.

After I get "e-readers" added to the forum system, will give re-enabling the catagory system. (Which the "prefix" icons are supposed to be doing here.)

The policy at mmod has always been to encourage off-site resource links, so if I have to "Catagorize" MobileRead's by-model resources just to get people to install the right model of jailbreak ...
Old 09-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #18
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
The world can always use another decent index
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #19
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Yeah!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@twobob: w00t! \o/
Wootage!

So that is now almost a complete offering
  • A path from Sources of 300 ish applications (that compile, not including the current malign apps)
  • Software that dynamically updates versions and 3rd party updates to makes etc... (All "updateable" via GIT)
  • Custom Busybox config in the 1.20.x style (thanks Knc1)
  • Custom Kernel using the right headers and patches (thank you niluje)
  • Installable custom modules
  • A system to run many applications As-Is on FAT.

Still needs wrapping up with a cherry on top for most users but yeah, serviceable offering at last.

I REALLY need a newer device if I were to "complete" the offering,

I have a sneaking feeling that I could get the entire buildroot tree to work on a 4/5, the PaperWhite may have to fit that bill in the absence of something with sound support... (which rules out the entire "sound" section of course)

ho hum Thanks for the help!

Big shouts out the Knc1 and GM for all their help and knowledge!

Last edited by twobob; 09-10-2012 at 07:26 PM. Reason: were not was
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #20
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Awhile back, I copied the /bin folders from an optware debian loop mount on my K3, into a folder on /mnt/us. I was surprised at how many of them run fine without a loop mount. Even the BSD games collection. Adding some of those to your collection may be faster than building them from source.

When I get around to it (i.e. when we have external OTG working), I want to add USB sound to the "Deaf and Dumb" kindles. I bought a 10-pack of USB sound sticks for about $1 each (free shipping) from a Chinese ebay store. Linux sees them straight up (nothing to install). With the plastic cover and USB plug removed, they are small enough to squeeze inside a kindle wifi (perhaps connected to the INTERNAL USB for kindles where the 3G would go). Someday (Real Soon Now)... Too many projects and not enough time. Such is life.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-10-2012 at 02:01 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #21
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
The world can always use another decent index
Two new forum sections added, with a forum each (for Amazon) and your new Kpw topic moved.

Lots of minor clean-up (changes made to link and table syntax to deal with in existing materials) but major work is done.

Add new stuff at will, time to just move forward.
Was it all worth 3 days of work? Not sure. Might have been cheaper to just pay for an evaluation copy of a Kpw.

I haven't tried to use the Catagory system since days of version-3 -
Will see if I can use it to catagorize off-site resources (like all our work here at Mobilread).

Last edited by knc1; 09-10-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #22
knc1
Going Viral

@GM, twobob:
I turned on your country's flag.
It is used so people can guess at what your native language is.

"Articles" are only visible to logged in members.
That is so you can include bio information if you want to write-up an article introducing yourself to the community.

New registration requires an "invite code" -
Anyone interested - PM me.

Here at Mobile Read, there is one development forum -
What I have at minimodding.com is an entire site devoted to after-market device modification by end-users.

What did one poster recently describe that as? Ah, one big nerd cave.

Tags
kernel, kindle3, tools