Notices

Old 07-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
Vstampede
Vstampede began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Thumbs up PRS-T1 not loading - Solved!

Solved! - details of the problem and solution in the posts below:

Hello,
I rooted my PRS-T1 reader with rupor's AMR. After that I tried a hard reset.
Then the reader stopped loading. Description:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F36UR...&feature=g-upl
In words: The device load the "opening book" screen. After the bar finished loading, the two arrows appear - but they are not rotating. Then the screen became blank and start to flash every few seconds.

A few points:
- The reader is fully charged.
- I tried the "Hard reset" again - connected to the computer and not connected - it ignores the fact that i am holding the "Home" and "Menu" buttons, and continues into it's flashing mode.
- I tried to "rescue from SC card" according to the wiki page about rooting the PRS T1 - Again, no results: ignores the pressed buttons and continue on.
- the version of the firmware is 1.0.04.12210.

Anything else that I can provide - ask.

I have no idea what to do from now - I will greatly appreciate any help.
Thanks, Yoni.

Last edited by Vstampede; 07-25-2012 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Problem solved
Vstampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
Silvio
Silvio began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
PRS-T1 not loading

I had exactly the same problem and risolved it thanks this guide of UROOT (first post, first package): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=178263
Follow exactly what he say.
Good luck, Silvio
Silvio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #3
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Have you tried a normal reset (the paperclip one0
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #4
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Or a hard one if that don't do de trick - but make sure any content is backed up if possible - it wipes al content, but can be reloaded.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:56 AM   #5
Vstampede

Silvio - thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, it didn't help - same as the regular "sd card rescue" packages.
bla and carpetmojo - thank you too - but if you read my entire post, you would find that I already tried both resets.

I am really stuck right now. If someone has any solution - I really need suggestion as to what to do next.
Thanks, yoni.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:10 AM   #6
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Have you tried using a different card? I had the same problem with my old ereader - tried dozens of times to reset it and it just would not do it. Finally, in desperation, I loaded the files onto a different SD card, and it reset on the second attempt.
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:04 AM   #7
bibahbuzemann
Addict
bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Assuming you bought the device for reading, it would have accomplished your needs quite well, better than others.

Is it a certain font? Dictionary? What is it that drives people to jeapordize a perfectly good eReader with shenanigans.

I wish you good luck restoring it.
bibahbuzemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:32 AM   #8
bibahbuzemann
Addict
bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

I may have been off topic, but evermore, T1 users are using the forum, and the device itself, to detrimental effect.

Perhaps less stuff from the appropriate forum:=>Dev Corner

Last edited by bibahbuzemann; 07-25-2012 at 07:40 AM.
bibahbuzemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #9
Vstampede

Thumbs up SOLVED !

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvReadin View Post
Have you tried using a different card?
LuvReadin, thank you very much! that did the trick.
I tried with different sd card, and it worked.
To people that encounter similar problem - try rescuing with a different SD card!

bibahbuzemann, you are correct - it is a great device for reading, but one of the reasons I bought the PRS-T1 was to be able to load it with a little extras (T1 and not others - it handle pdf files best, among others reasons).

Thanks again to all that posted here, the problem was solved (and I feel much relieved now)!
Good day to everyone!
Old 07-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #10
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vstampede View Post
LuvReadin, thank you very much! that did the trick.
Yaaay! Delighted that worked for you.

Quote:
To people that encounter similar problem - try rescuing with a different SD card!
Mind you, I have no idea why this works, but heck, it's worth a go! Just out of interest, were the two cards the same type, or different?
Old 07-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #11
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibahbuzemann View Post
Assuming you bought the device for reading, it would have accomplished your needs quite well, better than others.

Is it a certain font? Dictionary? What is it that drives people to jeapordize a perfectly good eReader with shenanigans.

I wish you good luck restoring it.
I'm with you on that.

I cannot understand why people take a perfectly good working reader and then risk bricking the device by hacking the OS. And when it all goes wrong - as it has done for a great number of people - they seem surprised.

If you want all the extra bits and pieces why not just buy a tablet device.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #12
Vstampede

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvReadin View Post
were the two cards the same type, or different?
LuvReadin: The exact same - Sandisk 2GB micro sd card. Who knows why it worked, but I'm glad it did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashjuk View Post
I'm with you on that.
Ashjuk: On some level, I am with you and bibahbuzemann as well, but I wanted an eReader, and just a little more (gmail, astrid, anysoftkeyboard-for Hebrew typing...) - so I decided to root the reader, instead of buying another device (tablets aren't cheap).
BUT, after that last incident, maybe I will stick with the regular OS (and that won't be a huge loss anyway, it IS a good reader).

Good luck for everyone on their choice of actions and use regarding their eReaders (and in general)!
Old 07-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #13
LuvReadin
Addict

Quote:
LuvReadin: The exact same - Sandisk 2GB micro sd card. Who knows why it worked, but I'm glad it did.
Interesting - the one I had that worked was also a Sandisk, but the one that didn't was a cheaper own-brand one. My theory was that the branded one might be a superior product, but obviously not!
Old 07-26-2012, 04:51 AM   #14
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
@Vstampede: Could you please run chkdsk on the card that didn't work? Maybe the file system was corrupted...

Also: was the non-working card completely empty? Did you format it? Maybe it was formated different than the working one... In this case it would be interesting what the differences are. (Cluster size? File system?)
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:34 AM   #15
Vstampede

uboot, the non working card was completely empty - but the one that did work was not empty.
I don't think the system image was corrupted - tried several times, in each I copied the folder to the formatted card.
I tried to format the card as FAT, FAT32 and NTFS - all with default allocation unit size - none of them worked (The working SD card was formatted as FAT).
About the chkdsk - I am not sure about what I did - if you want anything else please explain how to do so (I am not very familiar with that area).

Tags
boot, opening book, problem, prs-t1