Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-17-2018, 01:55 PM   #1
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
T76ML Carta+ Bugs

I've found some bugs in the T76ML Carta+ device software.
  • Led only lights on when device is starting from Off (no charge led indication)
  • Once on standby, after one minute, it goes on and into standby automatically. I don't know if this happens later more times.
  • Long press in central button to on/off the light needs two press. First long press, then second long press and then switches on the light.
  • Configured as resume from suspend and switch on the light, it only does it if is resumed no more than 2 minutes after suspended. If more time passes, light does not switches on.
  • Sometimes frezees using native appls and stays until 10 seconds completely locked
  • Batery discharges like hell (not a bug, but perhaps a needed optimization)
  • Sometimes covers of the reading books shows a big question mark.
  • Reading statistics behave completely random (WTF needs to be online for that?)

As a summary, a very crappy device with very crappy software, as it is very soft plastic and gets dirty very easy. It is not worth the 220 USD/EUR it costs.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:04 PM   #2
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Is there a way to load custom fonts on this device? What's the procedure?
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:21 PM   #3
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
Is there a way to load custom fonts on this device? What's the procedure?
Yes. Put the fonts in \fonts folder in the internal disk. All programs will recognise them.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:25 PM   #4
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My hope is that I can install my favorite reading apps and connect an OTG keyboard. Then it would be worth it in my opinion.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:00 AM   #5
rfog
Guru

I'm not sure for the OTG Keyboard, but I tested MoonReader+, Bookari, Alreader, and all, after some changes in configuration (mostly make them blank background without image) worked fine.

Instapaper was barely usable, Pocket didn't worked, Inoreader not even installed. Same with dropbox. OneDrive was usable if you have patience...

For the keyboard, as last resort, you can use a BT one (I haven't tested), but if it uses a lot of battery with BT off, with BT on must be a no-go.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:33 AM   #6
mobama
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
For the keyboard, as last resort, you can use a BT one (I haven't tested), but if it uses a lot of battery with BT off, with BT on must be a no-go.
The good thing about BT is that you can put the device charging at the same time.

Luckily I have a BT keyboard too, even though I like typing on it less.