Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 08-13-2010, 03:14 AM   #1
sushovande
sushovande began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
"dx" is not a valid search keyword

I was looking for the post that had tons of screensavers for the Kindle DX. I could not find it, because every time I attempt to search for "kindle dx screensavers" it ignores the "dx" part, complaining that it is too short.

/Makes me angry.
sushovande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:59 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Really, there are more important things in the world to get angry about.

Use Google, and tell it to search Mobileread with a search command of the form:

"kindle dx" screensaver site:www.mobileread.com
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2010, 02:47 PM   #3
sushovande

I tried google first (before trying the forum's search). It did not help.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:29 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If Google doesn't find it, then it's probably not there. Google with the "site:" keyword is definitely the best way to search MR.

I'd suggest that you ask for assistance on the Kindle forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:23 PM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushovande View Post
I was looking for the post that had tons of screensavers for the Kindle DX. I could not find it, because every time I attempt to search for "kindle dx screensavers" it ignores the "dx" part, complaining that it is too short.

/Makes me angry.
Sorry about this. Searches for words with fewer than three characters don't scale very well which is why we disabled them. We'll think about a solution, until then you may try Google and restrict the results to Mobileread as Harry suggested. Have you tried something like this link:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=%22ki...mobileread.com
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2010, 02:42 PM   #6
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Sorry about this. Searches for words with fewer than three characters don't scale very well which is why we disabled them. We'll think about a solution, until then you may try Google and restrict the results to Mobileread as Harry suggested.
Interesting. I've run into search issues a couple of times due to my user name and wondered why the 3 character limit. Not complaining though, I asked for it myself.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:20 PM   #7
sushovande

My sincere apologies for ranting in the first post.

Thanks, Alexander, your search was very helpful. It reminded me that I had actually seen the list of screensavers over at kindleboards.

Tags
forum, search