Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #22036
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
We're still at the hospital. I'm afraid things are not looking so good for Mom. She seems comfortable but is not responsive. My sisters and I all stayed with her last night. We just want her to remain comfortable, so I hope that can happen. I appreciate all of the kind comments from you guys!
We're with you too Betty! Stay strong & positive!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #22037
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
We're still at the hospital. I'm afraid things are not looking so good for Mom. She seems comfortable but is not responsive. My sisters and I all stayed with her last night. We just want her to remain comfortable, so I hope that can happen. I appreciate all of the kind comments from you guys!
Hugs. Hang in there. Your Mom is in my thoughts and prayers.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #22038
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
We're still at the hospital. I'm afraid things are not looking so good for Mom. She seems comfortable but is not responsive.
Best wishes and tonnes of positive thoughts, Betty. I know having you there helps.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:18 AM   #22039
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
We're still at the hospital. I'm afraid things are not looking so good for Mom. She seems comfortable but is not responsive. My sisters and I all stayed with her last night......
My thoughts are with you and your mom, Betty.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #22040
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Betty.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #22041
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
We went through this with my mother-in-law almost exactly a year ago. I know my wife coped a lot better through the fact that all the family were there to help out, so it's great you have your sisters there. I hope things work out as well as they can in the circumstances.

Many people here, me included, are wishing you and your family all the best.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #22042
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I had a friend who went through this, well many friends but this one had an interesting story. I hope that it does not come in helpful anytime soon.

His Mother was in a coma and the Doctors said that she was not going to recover. The kids took turns sitting with her. After three days a nurse pulled them aside and told them that they had seen many a case that a Mother has not been willing to pass when her children or grandchildren are in the room. She suggested that they all go out to dinner. While they were eating, their Mother passed.

Apparently it is not unusual for a mother to fight to live when her children are present. She simply cannot bear the thought of leaving her kids.

Hopefully you don't have to deal with this right now but if you do it might be a good time to have a nice dinner with your siblings and reflect on you Mothers life.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #22043
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Betty, I'm glad your sisters are there with you. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #22044
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
So very cute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
<snip>
When we left we drove around the corner and got some Burger King cause we were left STARVING. The meal at the restaurant cost 20 times what we paid for BK, but had maybe 1/20th the quantity! Never did that again.
I know exactly how you felt.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #22045
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Storm headed in. Ah, well, it IS November on the Wet Coast.

Mug of Peet's Fancy Darjeeling Organic. Everything that an insipid 2nd flush Darjeeling blend too often is -- a delightful nose, a finish with a bit of tannic bite, and nothing at all inbetween. Sigh.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #22046
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Tall and tan and young and lovely, the girl from Ipanema goes walking
And when she passes, each one she passes goes - ah
When she walks, she's like a samba that swings so cool and sways so gentle
That when she passes, each one she passes goes - ooh
(Ooh) But I watch her so sadly, how can I tell her I love her
Yes I would give my heart gladly,
But each day, when she walks to the sea
She looks straight ahead, not at me

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDGUZ...eature=related )

Good morning, everyone. Monday morning in Japan, and it's cold outside. Seven degrees C. Actually, it's cold inside too... 21°. We haven't taken the heater out of the closet yet. Been talking about it all week, but we are too apathetic to actually reach into the closet and bring it the DeLonghi Oil-filled heater. Maybe today?

I have some hot English Breakfast tea to warm me up though. Ahmad makes it, and it's pretty damn good stuff! With a bowl of rice and crab legs, Im just about ready to face the day. But that leads to some confusion. I can't decide what I want to do today... I 'should' go out and get some Fall Foliage photos. But when I think the word 'should,' I automatically fight against it just out of principle. Maybe go walking along side the mountain on the east side of Kyoto... If I bring my camera, I've killed two birds with one stone. Especially if I bring ALL my camera gear... Almost 15kg on my back... Hmmmm......

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:54 AM   #22047
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Hey, you guys. I know this is the tea thread, but since all my friends hang out here, I thought I would tell you here that my mother passed away, peacefully and without regaining consciousness, a couple of hours ago. We were all there, dozing, and I was still holding her hand. It was a fine and dignified end. I know the hard part is yet to come, but I actually feel a great peace tonight. Thanks for all of the encouragement and words of support you've given me over the past few months. I'm headed to bed for some much needed sleep.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:29 AM   #22048
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Betty, I am so sorry about your mom and glad to hear that you all could be there with her when her time came.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours during this time.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:50 AM   #22049
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Betty, my condolences to you and your family. It must have felt good for all of you that your mother had a peaceful passing. You are in my thoughts.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:34 AM   #22050
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Very sorry to hear that Betty. Good that you were there with her, and that it was peaceful. That's all any of us can ask for when our time comes. My thoughts are with you.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?