Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-27-2010, 04:22 PM   #1
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Finally-- that new ebook reader every's been lbuzzing about!

I mean, of course, the Infibeam Pi-- the world's best photoshopped image of a Kindle on a site ripped-off from Amazon!

http://www.infibeam.com/Pi
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
I mean, of course, the Infibeam Pi-- the world's best photoshopped image of a Kindle on a site ripped-off from Amazon!

Their brazen copying intrigues me somewhat.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2010, 04:28 PM   #3
time4mercy
time4mercy doesn't littertime4mercy doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2 Int'l
WTH??

I mean, really now. CEASE AND DESIST from Amazon's lawyers in 3. . .2. . .

(not that I'm a big fan of Amazon the monolith, but geez.)
time4mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:51 PM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post

Thats a Netronix clone not a kindle chop. Infibeam was started by a person who used to work for Amazon in Mergers and Acquisitions. It was started to BE the Amazon of India. India law prohibits foreign companies from doing business directly, so companies go this route of starting a local business and then tying up with a new parent. Amazon acquired Infibeam late last year.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:01 PM   #5
asjogren
Addict
asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle & WiFi Nook & PocketBook IQ
The PI looks different than the Kindle. And it's specifications differ. The website look-and-feel appears to be a copy of Amazon.

At $US215 it may be a good deal in that it supports ePub, Mobi, and PDF. No discussion of DRM. However, the eBooks sales at Infibeam are DRM PDFs - Digital Editions.
asjogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 11:54 PM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by asjogren View Post
it supports ePub, Mobi, and PDF. No discussion of DRM. However, the eBooks sales at Infibeam are DRM PDFs - Digital Editions.
The inclusion of MOBI surprised me, but I guess Amazon can license MOBI software to itself even if Adobe DRM is also supported. Perhaps the ebooks are PDFs because of the multiple languages:
Quote:
Local Indian Language Support: Read your favorite texts in Hindi, Sanskrit and most official Indian languages.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote