Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 04-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Book summaries not fully downloading with v3.0 151

I just recently downloaded calibre2opds v3.0 and noticed that 150 had an issue with downloading all of the book summary information to Stanza. So reading the issue and the wonderful developers realizing this, I downloaded 151 instead.

After doing this, I went through and generated a catalog, surprisingly however, my book summaries are not competely downloading. Is there something I need to do differently and I apologize if this has been asked somewhere else and I opened a new thread - the mods can move this to a more appropriate place if need be.

When I was on v2.5 - had no issue and everything worked as expected. Given that the developers knew this was an issue with 150 and corrected it with 151, I think it may be me, not the app. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I am not sure what you mean about the book summaries not completely downloading? Maybe a screenshot might be needed to show what you mean?

If you mean in the Book Details pages then this is not an error that we know about.

If you mean in a book list, then there is a configuration parameter on the Advanced tab that controls the maximum length of summary text displayed. Text longer than setting that is truncated. I think it defaults to something like 250 characters.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I am not sure what you mean about the book summaries not completely downloading? Maybe a screenshot might be needed to show what you mean?

If you mean in the Book Details pages then this is not an error that we know about.

If you mean in a book list, then there is a configuration parameter on the Advanced tab that controls the maximum length of summary text displayed. Text longer than setting that is truncated. I think it defaults to something like 250 characters.
I think you answered my question and as I stated, I knew it was something to do with the settings. So I am referring to the book description. Based on your answer the default is 250 characters so anything pass that will not display. Is there a way to change that? And THANKS for such a quick response.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Still not clear to me what screen you mean - as I said a screen shot may make it clear.

The 250 character limit for summaries in book lists that I mentioned is a setting on the Advanced tab. This is the summary displayed alongside each bok in a list of books. However if you mean the details for a specific book then then this should not be truncated.

I want to make sure where it is occurring in case there is some bug that I am not aware of. Of course it could also be a bug in Stanza of some sort I guess although I am not aware of one in that area.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
fooeynet
fooeynet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
Still not clear to me what screen you mean - as I said a screen shot may make it clear.

The 250 character limit for summaries in book lists that I mentioned is a setting on the Advanced tab. This is the summary displayed alongside each bok in a list of books. However if you mean the details for a specific book then then this should not be truncated.

I want to make sure where it is occurring in case there is some bug that I am not aware of. Of course it could also be a bug in Stanza of some sort I guess although I am not aware of one in that area.
Yes, this is weird! So, I downloaded 3.0 for the first time today, and the first couple of generated catalogs included the summary in the html cover-view lists. Later that day I added a book to my Calibre library, re-ran the catalog generation, and now all I get are the covers (no summaries next to the covers). No Calibre2Opds options were changed between runs.
fooeynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #6
fooeynet

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooeynet View Post
Yes, this is weird! So, I downloaded 3.0 for the first time today, and the first couple of generated catalogs included the summary in the html cover-view lists. Later that day I added a book to my Calibre library, re-ran the catalog generation, and now all I get are the covers (no summaries next to the covers). No Calibre2Opds options were changed between runs.
I happened to have made a backup of my catalog before generating it a second time, so I have screenshots of what I'm talking about.
Whereas before the summary would appear next to the books, now I just have a list of book covers.
Before:

After:
Old 04-11-2012, 04:03 PM   #7
itimpi
Wizard

The second screenshot is what you get if you set the "Browse by Cover" option. The first screenshot is what you get if this is not set.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #8
fooeynet

Quote:
The second screenshot is what you get if you set the "Browse by Cover" option. The first screenshot is what you get if this is not set.
Gah! I had that option unchecked (after trying it checked), but it didn't seem to "stick" until I quit/relaunched the gui.

Thanks!