Notices

Old 11-22-2009, 07:50 AM   #1
cigarjockey
cigarjockey began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Delay of ebook releases...stinks

Not liking the trend of delaying
ebooks well after the release date...
Ie.. Stephen King new book, Sarah Palin, etc.
Heck the newest part to Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy I had to purchase as a Hard Cover.
All these ebook readers are hitting the market, but what the Publishers don't like the discounted books?
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
cigarjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:33 AM   #2
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
All this does is give pirates with scanners first crack. They can get their versions out long before anyone can buy it legally.

Taking Stephen King as an example: It took about five seconds to find a darknet copy (or at least something purporting to be one - I didn't download it to find out). The books are out there - they need to be where we can exchange money for them.

I wouldn't mind the delay if they released the ebooks at paperback prices (or lower) and released them with the paperback. I use ebooks to replace paperbacks anyway.

Last edited by Lemurion; 11-24-2009 at 08:36 AM. Reason: additional info.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2009, 09:29 PM   #3
Sterf
Sterf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
Taking Stephen King as an example: It took about five seconds to find a darknet copy (or at least something purporting to be one - I didn't download it to find out). The books are out there - they need to be where we can exchange money for them.
I DID download it, and it was a badly OCR-ed copy. In any case, I'll be downloading the cracked final version when it comes out, cause charging as much as a hardback copy for a damn digital file is pretty much theft in my book. I'd gladly pay a reasonable price, but paying 35$ for something people who preordered the hardback version payed 9$ for, and much later, is pretty much criminal. If not criminal, it is in any case obliterating any guilt I might feel about 'stealing' it.
Sterf is offline   Reply With Quote