Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-20-2005, 08:48 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
In memory of Lu’wen Monahan

Shaun from PDA247 has shared with me the touching story of a little girl, Lu’wen Monahan. It is titled appropriately as "The most remarkable 12 weeks of our lives."

They have set up a web site for donations, and in order to give it proper place, I'll simply include some of the text from the web site here. I don't normally post about this sort of thing because there is a lot of fraud on the web and you rarely know enough to be comfortable giving. But in this case, it's not just another web story. It's real story that Shaun's has been associated with personally, so it becomes personal to all of us in the online mobile community. I hope that if the story touches you, and you have a desire to help support this hospital, that you will consider giving something in honor of this girl.

From the site...
"This simple web site has been set up to raise money for the Royal Brompton Hospital in London who cared for Lu-wen during her short life. The people involved in the PDA247 sites will be working hard to ensure that we achieve this permanent reminder to Lu-wen and it's humbling to be given the opportunity to help continue the memory of this brave little girl.

Personally I was astonished at the dignity shown by John and Zoey throughout the pregnancy, birth and onwards and this was my inspiration for getting involved. I met Lu'wen a week before she died and even though she was attached to various machines and tubes they soon dissapeared when she opened her eyes- she was a beautiful little girl and seeing the love and care for her from Zoey and John alongside the nursing staff made me want to use the web sites for a greater purpose than just posting PDA and technical news every day.

With your help we can assist children with difficulties for many years to come and this will keep the memory of Lu'wen fresh even to those who did not know her. All donations are welcome, anything from $1 and items to put up for auction- all donators will be listed in the completed donations page. Thanks for reading this and your support is greatly appreciated.

Shaun McGill
Founder: PDA247."
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 06:59 PM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
That's a nice gesture of Shaun!
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert