Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 06-05-2009, 04:46 AM   #1
Xiaopanda
Addict
Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Wanted Ebookwise + charger Around $100USD

Hi all,

I'm interested in a Ebookwise reader + memory card + charger. Not too fussy about case cosmetics but the screen must be in great condtion, of course! Oh. and the unit should be fully funtional. Not much to ask for.....

Either that, or if someone has a charger and someone else has a reader....Well, I could get both and make everyones closet a little cleaner, and it's not even spring..(Maybe it is...I lose track at times)

Feel free to reply or PM.

Last edited by Xiaopanda; 06-17-2009 at 03:55 AM. Reason: making it a little less inflamitory :)
Xiaopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaopanda View Post
Been looking around, and I think the E-Ink tech is going to be a little while before it gets to a real, usuable, resellable (and marketable ) stage.
Um... by who's definition? e-Ink devices are already usable and they do sell in the hundreds of thousands of units, so I think they are marketable too.

I do wish you good luck finding yourself an ebookwise. How much are you looking to spend? A "new" in is about about $135. I'd say that's pretty close to your "around $100".

http://www.ebookwise.com/

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2009, 03:33 AM   #3
Xiaopanda
Addict
Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
OK, so I'm looking for the whole box and dice: funtional Ereader with screen in great condtion + memory card + charger + shipping to Singapore for Under $100 USD.....

Some good points, Bob.

I've been looking into wholesalers at al, and the quality of the product for the price just isn't justified, IMHO.

The contast isn't great on most E-ink devices, the "Flash" between page turn, no intergrated lighting + being outside the US and propritory book format "war" + DRM.... it's just not quite there for the average consumer.

If it was, seeing someone with an Ereader wouldn't be a thing to comment on.
Xiaopanda is offline   Reply With Quote