Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-09-2009, 12:33 PM   #1
Sirion
Sirion began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
display of tables? / datasheets on the prs-505?

I want to get some data on my ebook reader I got 5 days ago for my Birthday
(a character sheet for a PnP game atm but I planned on using it for real work once I got the hang of it)
and I want it to look nice and clean and after having trouble by using txt files and tab spaces I tried rtf files ... having trouble again I tried html and let it convert but calibre only gives me errors while converting and all other options I tried don't handle tables

so I cam back to rtf tried using tables there and
it works

but there is terrible much space between rows (like a complete text line, adjusting table padding/spacing didn't change anything at all but as far as I can tell it's already a widely known misbehaviour that the prs-505 dosn't do margin and padding...(for the whole page for example))
if I just make tables with the columns and use new lines it messes up the design completely...
if one of these worked I'ld be happy it's the most disturbing fact I got accros with my prs
(merging cells dosn't work well too ... just to mention it)

has anyone been able to create some clean tables on the prs-505?
is there maybe an epub editor which can handle tables?
or any convert utility?

(I just need invisible tables... no border or stuff)

I was trying around with custom tab spaces in rtf but it's not working that well, because the reader displays them very different to open office

the easiest way for me would be an open office spreadsheet (*.ods) to epub conversion but I doubt it's possible?

maybe I'll just make png's I think I read the pixel-sizes of the screen somewhere but that'ld mean load times would be very bad I think (gifs should probably be better...)
but I think font is displayed much smoother then images with font in them...

all in all how would you load data sheets on your prs-505?
Sirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:33 PM   #2
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
This is just one suggestion. There are probably many ways to skin your cat.

Install PDFcreator on your PC. When you print the spreadsheet, select PDFCreator as the printer. The end result will be a pdf file which you can read on your reader. (Hopefully!)
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert