Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-04-2009, 06:32 PM   #1
nick_f
nick_f doesn't litternick_f doesn't litter

Device: sony prs 505
Sony 505 freezing on converted books

Hiya i downloaded a set of books and converted them from lit to Epub using calibre, When the reader trys to read the books it keeps jumping around and freezing before finally reading it normally this happens a few times?
Have i converted badly ?
Any help/advice please

Nick
nick_f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:23 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I've tried 4 times to make epubs with Calibre - no luck. They all crash my Reader.

However, I also make them from RTF in Microsoft Word > Mobipocket Creator generated HTML > Calibre ePub.

Who knows what weirdness gets attached by Word and Creator.

I'm just not an HTML coder, though, so until I can find a simple WYSIWYG ePub word processor, I'm not likely to try to make more.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2009, 02:55 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
when you encounter such problems, open a ticket and attach the problem source files.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:03 AM   #4
Nova5
Enthusiast
Nova5 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I've not run into any problems converting yet to LRF format from .LIT. any reason to prefer Epub over LRF? maybe i'll reconvert to Epub from the LITs.
Nova5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:09 PM   #5
FizzyWater
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
when you encounter such problems, open a ticket and attach the problem source files.
Isn't there a problem, though, if they're from ... umm ... liberated ebooks?

I've thought about "dumbing down" one of the books and sending it with something like "now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country" (or some other such nonsense left over from typing class), but how would I know if the problem isn't in some obscure paragraph of chapter 63 or something?
Advert
Old 03-15-2009, 09:25 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
if you're hesitant about attaching such a book, just email it to me at calibre at kovidgoyal. net.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:42 PM   #7
FizzyWater

Thanks, Kovid. Given that ePub seems to be the way to go, ultimately, I'd really like to know if there's a simple way to fix what I'm doing. Could just be a single tag or a too-big cover picture. But if it's something I'm able to fix, I'd like to try my hand at it.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:12 AM   #8
moz
Addict
moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo H2O
I get this with downloaded news sources a lot. Sometimes waiting out the reboot and trying again works, sometimes not. I will collect a few and open a ticket.
moz is offline   Reply With Quote