Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-24-2008, 02:24 PM   #46
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
calibre.ebooks.epub.split.SplitError: Could not find reasonable point at which to split:
In this case the conversion is abandoned.

Edit: Never mind on this one. I checked the formatting and the entire book was one giant paragraph. Must have been a bad conversion job I never checked.

Last edited by JeffElkins; 09-24-2008 at 02:32 PM.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:15 PM   #47
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yeah the splitting code needs at least multiple <p> tags.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2008, 04:29 PM   #48
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
any2epub Between_Planets.mobi
Exploding MOBI file: Between_Planets.mobi
Creating EPUB file...
Parsing tmp/calibre_0.4.86_gmFzGz_any2epub2/Between Planets.html
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 154, in <module>
File "<string>", line 150, in main
File "<string>", line 125, in any2epub
File "library.pyz/contextlib", line 33, in __exit__
File "library.pyz/contextlib", line 118, in nested
File "<string>", line 125, in any2epub
File "library.pyz/calibre.ebooks.epub.from_html", line 111, in convert
File "library.pyz/calibre.ebooks.epub.from_html", line 77, in parse_content
File "library.pyz/calibre.ebooks.html", line 459, in save
File "lxml.etree.pyx", line 2279, in lxml.etree.SubElement (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:20487)
TypeError: Argument '_parent' has incorrect type (expected lxml.etree._Element, got NoneType)
Here's an error...
Old 09-24-2008, 04:39 PM   #49
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

open a ticket and attach the problem file
Old 09-24-2008, 04:51 PM   #50
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
open a ticket and attach the problem file
Ticket opened.
Advert
Old 09-24-2008, 04:54 PM   #51
scottsan
Connoisseur
scottsan began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
Calibre 0.4.86 and epub

Converted an rtf to epub and it looks great in digital editions. Tried to sent it to my 505 through calibre and got this error message:

Job: Upload 1 books to device:calibre_0.4.86_p9_GUj
ValueError: The reader has no storage card connected.
Traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/gui2/device.pyo", line 20, in run
File "calibre/gui2/device.pyo", line 141, in _upload_books
File "calibre/devices/prs505/driver.pyo", line 403, in upload_books
ValueError: The reader has no storage card connected.

With the previous version of calibre this never happened, I never have a card in the device. So, I just dragged the file into the device's media folder. On the 505 it displayed with a darkened screen color. In addition it did not display the correct title or author info in the 505 book list.

I converted another rtf to epub, tired to send it the device with calibre and received the same error message. Dragged it over manually and it also did not display the correct book info in the book list, although the pages of the book displayed normally.

Then I installed an sd card in the 505 and sent 2 epub files to the device via calibre, though they were loaded on the sd card not the device. Inof displayed correctly in the book list. I prefer to have my files on the device not the card.

wazzup?
scottsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:55 PM   #52
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsan View Post
With the previous version of calibre this never happened, I never have a card in the device.
the default in the beta and after is to copy to the memory card. Make sure you have calibre configured to send to the main memory.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:03 PM   #53
scottsan
Connoisseur

thanks for the quick and simple reply.
How do I set cailbre to send files to the main memory?
Old 09-24-2008, 05:04 PM   #54
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsan View Post
thanks for the quick and simple reply.
How do I set cailbre to send files to the main memory?
Check the config dialog. Or, perhaps you use the drop down arrow next to send-to-device to set it. I can't remember exactally how to set it and don't have calibre on this machine.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:07 PM   #55
scottsan
Connoisseur

thanks again, its the drop down arrow
Old 09-24-2008, 05:07 PM   #56
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Check the config dialog. Or, perhaps you use the drop down arrow next to send-to-device to set it. I can't remember exactally how to set it and don't have calibre on this machine.

BOb
It's the down-arrow next to send to device.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:09 PM   #57
scottsan
Connoisseur

I was confirming that your direction was correct.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:17 PM   #58
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Hmm considering the number of people that have requested epub output, this thread is strangely quiescent. Are there no bugs at all in the EPUB conversion? Or (more likely) is no one using it?
I'm flabbergasted by your talents, kovid, and I've been spending the last 14 hours converting everything I have over to epub --- and I completely forgot to say thank you for all your fantastic efforts! In a sense, you're the guy behind the wheel of the ebook/eink/epub revolution/evolution these days!

Tim
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:42 PM   #59
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timoleon View Post
I'm flabbergasted by your talents, kovid, and I've been spending the last 14 hours converting everything I have over to epub --- and I completely forgot to say thank you for all your fantastic efforts! In a sense, you're the guy behind the wheel of the ebook/eink/epub revolution/evolution these days!

Tim
Thanks, that's good to hear. But I would suggest you look over the results of some of the conversions, as the code is far from mature. I don't have the time to devote to as much testing as this needs, so I'm relying (as usual) on the mobileread community to do it for me
Old 09-24-2008, 06:46 PM   #60
Mitchll
Cave Dweller
Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ipad Sony reader prs-505 prs-900
I know I'm missing something obvious, but here goes: Running Max OS X I convert a book to epub. I transfer it to the storage card on the reader, it shows present. (book is readable through the viewer in calibre). When I go to read it on the reader, the book is in the index, but shows one page, which when viewed, shows an error.

I loaded two epub books on a windows machine to my reader and can read both perfectly well.

What's happening?

Mitch
Mitchll is offline   Reply With Quote