Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-25-2014, 08:29 AM   #1
Alex_77
Alex_77 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Aura Hd or Cybook Ocean

Hello,
I'd like to buy my 1st ereader and my choice (doubt) would be between the kobo aura hd and bookeen cybook ocean.

I have tried an old ereader 6" but I didn't find it very comfortable.
The model is 6", 800x600, without light and Vizplex display.

I found the display too small and dark (for my eyes), then I'd like a larger display with light to avoid stressing my eyes.

The ereader would be for book only (epub), not pdf or comic books.

My choice then would be between aura hd and (when available) cybook ocean, but I don't know if I should prefer the 8" display with low resolution digital ink, or the aura's 6.8", smaller but far better resolution eink

I don't know if the bigger ocean's display would be more comfortable for the eyes rather than the aura's.
Thanks
Alex_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:33 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's impossible to make a comparison with a device that hasn't been released. Nobody knows how good (or otherwise) it'll be.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2014, 10:20 AM   #3
Alex_77

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's impossible to make a comparison with a device that hasn't been released. Nobody knows how good (or otherwise) it'll be.
I understand your point, but actually the cybook ocean has the same display as the icarus 8 and pyrus maxy.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:11 PM   #4
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
What is the supposed resolution of the Cybook Ocean?
And is portability a factor or not? Will you use the reader outside (on public transport or so) or only at home?

Reading your first post I think you should not hear to anyone here but try to see a Cybook Ocean in real when it comes out and judge then if you will feel comfortable reading on it.
I have an 8" reader, I find it a very pleasant size, but, hm, everyone is different.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:46 PM   #5
Alex_77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
What is the supposed resolution of the Cybook Ocean?
And is portability a factor or not? Will you use the reader outside (on public transport or so) or only at home?

Reading your first post I think you should not hear to anyone here but try to see a Cybook Ocean in real when it comes out and judge then if you will feel comfortable reading on it.
I have an 8" reader, I find it a very pleasant size, but, hm, everyone is different.
The resolution should be 1024x768 and 170 dpi.
Portability is not a factor and use it only at home.
Unfortunately even when it will be available there are no stores who sell it where I live.
Can I ask you what ereader 8" have you got?
Advert
Old 02-25-2014, 01:21 PM   #6
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
The iRex DR800 that has been discontinued awhile ago.
The resolution should be okay.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:40 AM   #7
Alex_77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
The iRex DR800 that has been discontinued awhile ago.
The resolution should be okay.
Thanks