Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-06-2008, 11:35 AM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Tigerheart by peter David

If you enjoy Peter Pan, you will enjoy Tigerheart. It's loosely based on Peter Pan but in the offbeat, funny Peter David way. I'm about 2/3 done with it and I've not found it dull or boring at all.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:55 PM   #2
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I haven't read Tigerheart by Peter David but I would recommend is King Arthur series -- Fall of Knight, Knight Life and One Knight Only -- as well as his Sir Apropos series -- Sir Apropos of Nothing, Tong Lashing, and Woad to Wuin. All well done and find. I don't know if any are available as ebooks; I own and read them in hardcover.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2008, 04:10 PM   #3
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Peter David? that rings a bell! same guy that wrote star trek books prbably 15 years ago?
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:52 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stustaff View Post
Peter David? that rings a bell! same guy that wrote star trek books prbably 15 years ago?
Same Peter David and he's still writing Star Trek as well.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:24 PM   #5
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
cheers may have to look up some of his none ST books! they available as ebooks?
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2008, 05:28 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Tigerheart and the Sir Apropos of Nothing series are available as eBooks.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:50 PM   #7
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Ah! I just saw this at Barnes and Noble and put it on my list of books to check out. Good timing, now I will have to put it on my books to read list, after I finish the LOTR series of course.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:01 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I've finished Tigerheart and it was very good.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:03 AM   #9
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
I see it on BooksonBoard.com for 15.30, addded it to my list. Thanks!
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:37 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplumey View Post
I see it on BooksonBoard.com for 15.30, addded it to my list. Thanks!
Have you gotten to reading Tigerheart yet?