Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-12-2008, 05:55 AM   #1
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
G'day from Australia

Hi everyone,

I discovered your forum while googling for information about the various eBook readers. I currently have a tablet PC (an Asus R1F) which is quite good for reading eBooks but the battery life is too short and the weight of the device makes holding it uncomfortable.

After much contemplation (and browsing of your excellent site) I decided upon a Sony Reader. Ultimately it came down to the price and my concern about file transferability. So I ordered a Reader off eBay and it should arrive soon.

I have thousands of eBooks (1,162 actually) in PDF and DJVU format but I understand that these don't always display too well on the Sony Reader's small screen. So I guess I'll have to try converting the files and buy some new books off the Sony eBook store. I'm mostly interested in science and economics books so if anyone has some recommendations, let me know.

Anyway... thanks for having me guys. I hope I can contribute to the forum.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:08 AM   #2
Branda
Dark knight
Branda began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Branda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2008, 12:30 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
G'Day epiphany and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:53 PM   #4
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Hello, epiphany, and welcome. I, too, have a Sony 500 and use it (some) for math and science - mostly PDFs. If the PDFs you have do not have DRM protection, then I recommend you try the free PDFLRF utility described here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ghlight=pdflrf
I use it all the time and works pretty well. If your PDFs are protected, there are currently no conversion utilities available although Sony is talking about supporting them in the future. Good luck!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote