Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-24-2013, 04:44 AM   #1
AlberZeal
AlberZeal began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Use Home button to exit Sleep Mode?

Hi everyone. First of all, i'd like to say that i'm new here and i'm not sure if this question deserves a new thread. If it's not, feel free to erase it : p

I'm extremely happy with my new Kobo Touch but I only have a (little) problem. With my case I found a bit hard to use the on/off slider to go out of sleep mode. I was wondering if there's another way of continue reading by touching the screen or maybe using the home button. I'd feel definitely more comfortable.

Thanks! : )
AlberZeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:48 AM   #2
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Nope. Power button's the only way.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2013, 05:52 AM   #3
AlberZeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Nope. Power button's the only way.
Ok, thank you. Let's hope they add this option in the future ; )
Old 07-25-2013, 06:03 AM   #4
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
They won't. Kobo decided to go the route of having no home button on later models, for some reason thinking software controls are better (they're not, of course).
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:17 AM   #5
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Eliminating mechanical home switch button is good because:
No switch to wear out. Reduced manufacturing costs. Another discussion topic on Mobile Read Forum.

Kobo Touch eliminated horrible 5 way switch. While Kobo's 5 way switch was the worst hard to operate 5 way switch on any reader, some users still wanted page turn switches.

Kobo Mini does not have mechanical home button. This is a good design.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2013, 07:45 AM   #6
AlberZeal

Well, I was just asking for another way to do the same thing, like another button or maybe a tap in a precise zone of the screen.

Why not? I really like Kobo Touch design, but everything can be better ; )