Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #376
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I think I'll install it this evening and I'l give you my opinion...
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #377
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It works great! But I have a question: It only stores bookmarks if the date at the device is greater than the date at calibre, isn't it? It's what I need two devices.

And a request, if it's possible: could it be possible to get the list of the books which are going to be updated?

Anyway, thank you very much. These utilities work great.
Advert
Old 12-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #378
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
It works great! But I have a question: It only stores bookmarks if the date at the device is greater than the date at calibre, isn't it? It's what I need two devices.
At the moment, it is simply that they are different. I will add this.
Quote:
And a request, if it's possible: could it be possible to get the list of the books which are going to be updated?
That's been in the back of my mind too. Maybe the next release.
Quote:
Anyway, thank you very much. These utilities work great.
Thanks.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #379
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another beta - Two extra options

Attached is another beta. The changes are ones I've been thinking about but Terisa has prompted me to do them.

The store now has two new options:
  • Only if more recent - This will compare the last read time in the library and on the device. It will only update the library if the device has the newer time.
  • Not if finished in library - This is for those accidental presses on a finished book. If the book in the library has the percent read as 100% and the book has been opened on the device, the library reading position in the library will not be updated.

Both options are available for the automatic store and the manual store. And if anyone has a better name and description for the options, please tell me. Especially for the second one.

Tell me how it goes.

Last edited by davidfor; 08-31-2017 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Removed beta
Old 12-10-2013, 12:44 AM   #380
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

I've checked only the first option but it works perfectly (I've tested it with the ereader I've not used yesterday).
Advert
Old 12-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #381
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

I've made a test and I've found a strange thing: a book which is finished in the device, with a reading date after the last update, doesn't recover the position and stores it.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:08 AM   #382
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Terisa: You didn't happen to also start a new book? I found a problem yesterday with the date compare code if the last read date in the library was empty. When it failed, the reading positions for the other books wouldn't be updated either. I've attached a fixed version.

If that doesn't fix it, could you post the log that pressing the "Show details" button displays?

Last edited by davidfor; 08-31-2017 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Removed beta
Old 12-12-2013, 04:15 AM   #383
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

You are right, David. I hadn't thought about it, but yes, that is the problem. I'll try it (because it's easy, I've begun a new book).
Old 12-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #384
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

It has ben OK, the new book has updated its position (and the finished one too). Thank you.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #385
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Just tried the new version off the plugin and it works great, thank you so much, now I don’t have to remember to mark in the library which books I have read in between the calibre-glo connections, now I have the library up to date even with books that before I had forgotten to mark as read, and better it didn’t change the one that I accidentally opened this morning and that was already read.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #386
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest@de View Post
Just tried the new version off the plugin and it works great, thank you so much, now I don’t have to remember to mark in the library which books I have read in between the calibre-glo connections, now I have the library up to date even with books that before I had forgotten to mark as read,
Glad to hear it is working. I'll officially publish it today or tomorrow.
Quote:
and better it didn’t change the one that I accidentally opened this morning and that was already read.
That was one of the reasons I hesitated about doing this. It was only while I was writing the code that I realised it would be easy to handle.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:29 AM   #387
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
It is even better than what I expected, I’m one of those people that has problem connecting the glo to a xp machine and I used to borough a vista machine to update the metadata, when I tried the updated plugin it was in that pc, but last night I tried it with the xp and it updated the reading position of the books without having the error, so it seems I won’t need to borough a pc anymore.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:18 AM   #388
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@temptest@de: Curious as to what f/w level you are running on the Kobo?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:19 AM   #389
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I hadn't heard of any problems with the connection and the utilities plugin. The only ones I had heard of where during the initial connection. That's the driver in action. But, if everything is working, then that is good. And I'll take the credit
Old 12-17-2013, 09:59 AM   #390
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
I noticed an improvement in XP connectivity a week or so back - before updating the Utility add-on. I had put it down to an update in the main Calibre Kobo driver in 1.14.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities