Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 11-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
mojkadona
mojkadona began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
How to prepare my PE for another owner

I just sold my PE on ebay. What do I need to do to get it ready for the next owner. If I deregister it will they be able to register it again? Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you
mojkadona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:57 AM   #2
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Do the system reset and ensure all your personal data is off. There is no de-register as entourage servers are no longer online. There is a thread here explaining how to click through the register screen.

Edit: Added -
Post with displaying graphic for 'register' work-around/bypass;
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=10

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 11-17-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #3
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Following up on what Gunner said, the Factory data reset is under "Privacy" in the Settings menu. At least it is on mine. Congratulations on your sale!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Factory data reset is under "Privacy" in the Settings menu.
I knew someone would remember the correct term and location!
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
teledyn
teledyn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe
How 'reset' is a factory reset? I might give mine to a member of my family, so security isn't a really big issue compared to the hassle of installing all the updates and apps again; I would much prefer to just set them up with the google+ account and then delete my own, only under 'Accounts' it tells me there are system apps depending on my registration and therefore the only option is a 'reset' on the Privacy screen.

will the 'factory reset' set it right back to the initial state, or just back to my latest firmware update?
teledyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #6
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by teledyn View Post
How 'reset' is a factory reset? I might give mine to a member of my family, so security isn't a really big issue compared to the hassle of installing all the updates and apps again; I would much prefer to just set them up with the google+ account and then delete my own, only under 'Accounts' it tells me there are system apps depending on my registration and therefore the only option is a 'reset' on the Privacy screen.

will the 'factory reset' set it right back to the initial state, or just back to my latest firmware update?
It will bring it back to the latest firmware update. All your private data should be gone.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote